• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What size of gauge do I need to convert a '70 bezel to autometer ?

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
I know the Tack and speedo will need to be 5" - but what about the smaller ones? Are they 2-1/16 or 2-5/8?

There used to be a link, on that "other" site, to a guy who had a nice tutorial on installing the gauges in the bezel.

Check the tech board here, there may be a link. I used 2 5/8 on my '68

541371_424_full.jpg

I thought I remembered it being the 2-5/8" as well. I just came across a smoking deal for some new autometers, but they are only 2-1/16". Probably to small to make fit in my bezel...

Yeah I am wantng to do this but with Moon Equipment guages (I'd prefer clay smith cams Mr Horsepower, but they dont friggin make them) or with the autometer... do you have a special housing? let me know if you figure something out on how to make it work with a 70 bezel because I will be doing this too.

Autometer sport comp, black face, 2-1/16" oil, temp, & volt. new in box here locally. $45

$45 for the set? That's a very good price. As long as you understand that these are the cheapest series gauges that Autometer sells/markets/manufacturers.

The Phantom series are more than that... each. The new Cobalt series are twice that and more.

yeah, I know it's the bottom end ones - but I like the basic black guage. To me it fits better, with less contrast to my semi-stock interior.

Plus I'm not rich by any means. :-\

Back