• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What the bleep?

RustyRed

I am having trouble getting my car back on the road. Taking off this afternoon and should have the fenders put back on then the rest of the front put on...that isn't my problem.

My issue is getting the new transmission cooling lines hooked back up to the radiator. Last Saturday morning I got the car up on stands and attached the new lines on the transmission side and put in the inspection plate that was missing while I was under there, :hmm

I called NPD and ordered the "couplings" they said were needed to hook the lines back up. They finally got here yesterday. They go into the radiator just fine but the problem is the coupling they sent is a male on both sides and the nut that comes on the transmission lines is also a male. Is there some place to find a connection that is a female on both sides to get the line connected to the radiator?

It is going to really tick me off if I have this back together but still can't get the car back out on the road because of some $2 nut / bolt kind of issue. Prefer to find it local so that I don't have to wait on shipping delays again.

Should I just check with O'Reilly or Auto Zone or something along those lines?

Yes. I've had luck at Napa, O'Reilly, and AZ with them letting me sift through their bins till I found what I needed. I had to do this for the same fittings and ones for my mc.

"RustyRed" said:
the nut that comes on the transmission lines is also a male.

:wtf

Where did you get these transmission cooler lines? No year used male connectors on the radiator end. They should be a female flare fitting.

You could probably rig up some fitting to work, but will likely take multiple fittings, meaning multiple places to leak, and look ugly as sin.

I'd get the correct coolant lines, myself.

Back