• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whatr are you doing to the Mustang today?

Good luck! Sure is a pretty engine and I'm sure it'll be fun!

Today during nap time I'll be installing my '65 style fuel pump for my FITech system. I went this route because it looks cleaner rather than having another inline filter, plus it was cheaper! The fuel command center needs a filter before and after it. This will be the first time working on it since I had shoulder surgery so it might be slow going and I may have to stop. I tend to rush things.. surgery was 3 weeks ago, I'm done sitting around!
cc9fe30005786e9f0c7e57ee4fbd1dcd.jpg

d692ae2e7f66248f9c8ac3d9d1d466c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking adapters there for the pump. I mounted my command center in the same place on the coupe. Been there for over a year, daily driven. I have a holley red just outside the tank for my set-up tho.

HELP!!!!

Do I need a pilot bushing to mate this 351w (5.8L) to the C4? I was thinking yes, but I grabbed a socket for reference and it looks like it's already gonna be a snug fit.

20170429_102658 by Brett, on Flickr

20170429_102728 by Brett, on Flickr

Boom, are you going to be running FITech on your fastback?

Sorry can't help on the bushing question

I think (hope) that I dont need a bushing with the C4.

I am either going to run Fitech or maybe the Holley Sniper. Haven't decided yet. The fastback already has an Aeromotive tank with in tank pump.

Making some progress!!

20170429_112021 by Brett, on Flickr

I think (hope) that I dont need a bushing with the C4.

I am either going to run Fitech or maybe the Holley Sniper. Haven't decided yet. The fastback already has an Aeromotive tank with in tank pump.

Making some progress!!

20170429_112021 by Brett, on Flickr

Nice, looks fun!

I don't think I ever asked you on the other forum, what did you use to vent back to the tank for the fuel command center?

I plan on using 1/4" ID fuel injection hose back to the filler neck, just unsure how to route it while being safe.

Mines not routed to the tank, it vents right through the radiator support with a breather behind the grille. Prolly the reason my car smells like gas all the time. I prolly should run a return line or get the filter/regulator bit from Holley that eliminates that.

I think it might burp a tiny bit of fuel because I have a spot where dirt accumilates that looks like a dried area, but never seen it actually drip or be wet if that makes sense.

The Holley bit mounts by the tank, it vents the excess right back to the tank from there. Eliminates need for a return line from the EFI unit.

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...ilters/regulators/efi_regulators/parts/12-875

filter_regulator_v2[583x].jpg

From their installation PDF:

INSTALLATION:
The Holley 12-875 and 12-876 Filter Regulators are designed to help minimize the fuel line plumbing needed when installing an
electronic fuel injection conversion. Under ideal circumstances, the filter regulator should be mounted as close to the fuel pump and
fuel tank assembly as possible. This allows for the shortest return line length for your system

I am planning on bead blasting mine as well. Looks great. I called several powder coaters as well, but most had probably what you have. I want something closer to actual cast aluminum look. I've seen Aluminum-Blast and it is about as close as I have seen.

Yesterday I spent hours at the huge Pate swap meet. Today I'll spend minutes installing the only thing I ended up getting: the little screw-in hood bumpers that are behind the grille. Good times.

Well crap, I'm gonna have to pull the engine back out. Unfortunately my oil pan hits the crossmember. Going to have to see about getting a new crossmember I guess. Damn, was really hoping this would go in today.

Well crap, I'm gonna have to pull the engine back out. Unfortunately my oil pan hits the crossmember. Going to have to see about getting a new crossmember I guess. Damn, was really hoping this would go in today.

Talk to Zray

There is a thread like this somewhere buried under n the archives. Welcome to all the newbies. If we had someone watching the farm they could merge these threads

Hard...no. Should be able to accomplish in a couple hours. Four bolts. It can turn into one of those whil your at it projects however. Like if you don't have a camber plate kit, I would highly recommend you contact John at ORP and do one of those as well. Then it's like a day job, but that's why we own these cars right...to work on them?

I already have the camber plate kit. All the suspension and steering bits are new, ORP, SoT, Baer, Chock, Z-member.

Debating if I should install the engine by dropping the current Z-member to install the factory brace until I can get a modified Z-member or just pull the engine back out. Tho for all I know the factory piece will hit too.

Back