• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What's the Width of a Standard Monte Carlo Bar

Simon

for a 1966 Mustang coupe? I've read a lot of threads about how they had to spread the shock towers or jack up the car over night to get the bar in place but no one has ever gave a number (in inches) on how wide the bar is, or should be. So,how wide is it? Thanks in Advance

Define what you mean by width? Width as in thickness of the bar or length as to a typical length to where is touches the inner fender? My daughter's 65 is a 1" diameter bar. Its length including the brackets it connects to is 40", or another way to put it, this is the from inner fender to inner fender where the monte carlo bar connects to.

That's it. Inner fender to inner fender. 40". That's what I'm looking for. Just wanted to check and see how far off my '66 may be. I'm going to check it now and thanks for the info. Simon
Just checked mine and it appears mine is only short by 1/8". That means I won't have to get my frontend re-aligned which is great considering it tracks straight as an arrow now. Thanks Again

Last edited:
Would a 67 - 68 have the same measurements between the fenders ???
I need to know because I am into this JIG project.

Unless the car was assembled on a Monday morning after a weekend of serious beer drinking :D

So , I should be 40" just in front of the towers , fender appron to fender appron.:confused:

Yes up top. Right in front of the shock tower where the bar would reside, such as:
555e3937ce229bd96d22bdbc4d4a9a86.jpg

Back