• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wheelhouse question

Golfball

I am in the process of replacing my passenger quarter panel and outer wheelhouse. I tried the old "American Designer" wheelhouse and it was crap. Then tried an generic Taiwan import and split it to match the radius on the quarter. But this one left a 1" gap between the inner and outer wheelhouse.

Has anyone installed a outer wheelhouse that even came close to fitting? I know I will have to work it a little but a 1" gap is just too far off. The quarter panel is only about 1/8" further out on the passenger side that the drivers. And yes, pics are coming.

I am looking at the outers from CJs. Trying to decide between the Dynacorn and the "Premium" North American made one. Any recommendations?

One inch is bananas. Something ain't right.

Holding further comment until pics are available. :hide

I used the dynacorn with good results.

Not sure what you can see from the pictures, both these outers, and inners for that matter are Dynacorn

photo14.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of pics. The wheelhouse fits good on the quarter panel side. I split it to get a better fitting radius.

731-210312190716-9565963.jpeg

731-210312190733-9566992.jpeg

I think I will order the Dynacorn tonight, its gotta fit better that this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back