• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

when turning

RustyRed

Not sure what is going on here but hope someone has some thoughts / advice.

Replaced my turn signal switch...got everything back together and the good news is that my horns finally work and also my front park lights don't come on anymore when I hit the brakes. Basically took me all week because I was sick and have been resting up all I could and didn't have the energy to work on it for very long. Got the wires hooked back up today finally and took her for a short test drive.

The odd thing is the horns didn't work at first but after a short test drive they started working. I thought for sure I was going to have to adjust the horn.

The issue I am having now is that every time I turn the wheel to the right it is clicking like it is trying to cancel the turn signal even when I am not signaling a turn. Doesn't do it turning left, only when turning the wheel right you can here it "click, click, click"

Any ideas? Maybe just something that will work itself out over time?

My '66 does the same thing. 3000 miles and no change. I feel it is just the crap of repro parts. I thought it was due to a problem with the after market steering wheel but I do not see that as the reason.

is everything centered?, there is a pin in the cancel cam "ring" that fits in a groove in the steering wheel and the steering wheel has a dot that lines up with a line on the shaft. If those arent lined up it could be the issue, maybe...

On mine, the molded shape of the arms on the cam that catch the pins to cancel are not even. Crappy part in my case.....

"tarafied1" said:
is everything centered?, there is a pin in the cancel cam "ring" that fits in a groove in the steering wheel and the steering wheel has a dot that lines up with a line on the shaft. If those arent lined up it could be the issue, maybe...

I might pull the wheel back off and double check everything but I was pretty careful in marking all the alignments.

Basically, I am due an inspection at the end of the month and if the horns are working I am hesitant to rock the boat till that is taken care of so I'll probably wait till after I pass inspection to mess with it any more, LOL!

Back