• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Where am I?

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I just got a notification from our County Emergency Services that my street address will change (substantially---from 3140 to 2316!). WTF? I'm moving and not moving? Do you know what sort of problems this entails? I have to notify every goddamn place I do business with about the move, notify the post office, the telephone company (for emergency services), buy new checks, get a replacement driver's license, etc etc etc. I may have to re-register at stangfix.com!

Now this is what I call a pain in the ass.

That's ridiculous! Those winds must have been stronger there than you thought, if they moved you a few blocks away.

Ah ha! I always knew you didn't live there. Now I know why you were so specific on the time allowed to engage in the adult beverages. lol Beat the real owners time schedule......

I went thru that twice in Az. Never lifted a finger to move a thing but according to the county, I got a new address, twice. A real pain for sure.

I just got a notification from our County Emergency Services that my street address will change...

You're not alone bubba, it's happening here as well.... but the counties around here are taking it about 3 steps further. Along with the "address correction", homeowneres in my surrounding counties (don't know about all counties, but I know about the ones around me) are also required to mount a special set of "street numbers" onto a post at the top of their driveway. Mounting these "special" numbers onto your existing mailbox is usually not acceptable unless the mailbox is presently located within the exact parameters of their new law. The law usually reads something like this..... "display between 18" and 24" in height onto a 4x4" post that is permanently mounted in the ground no more than 6' from the right side of your driveway".
Furthermore, the "special" 3" numbers are not traditional "store bought" items, they're available only from a county authorized supplier/distributor..... that more often than not seems to be the brother-in-law of one of our locally elected officials. If compliance is not met within a certain timeframe, the county will install the new sign for you.... and bill you for their contractors time/materials.

What a racket.

Well, here's an update. I'm in Tucson, AZ on business, and wifey insists on dealing with all of the change of address issues for the household. I've tried to tell her that most can be accomplished over the month as we get bills, and we simply inform everyone of the change of address.

She contacts our phone (and internet) company, and demands that the street address be changed so that the 911 folks will have our proper address. She had to go to the office and present, in person, the letter from the County Emergency Services that states our address is changing. Upon returning home, she decides to test whether the address has been changed by calling 911! 20 police show up at the house, lights flashing, etc. Apparently, they had problems finding the house, because she changed the friggin' number on the mailbox already, but the 911 change-over takes 48-72 hours. So now she's really pissed that 911 is still using the old number, the neighbors are wondering what happened at our house, etc. Meanwhile, she doesn't change our second phone number info (my number out in the garage).

We have several packages in route to our home via UPS and FedEx, and by her changing the numbers on the mailbox, the delivery guys are confused. I went to FedEx on Saturday to mail a package, and explained the situation. They get their addresses from published street maps, which get updated maybe once a year. Fortunately, the delivery people have a regular route, so they asked me for a written note of the address change to provide to him. Wifey says packages are being delivered, but only after the truck goes by 6-7 times.

I tried to convince her to put up the new numbers on the mailbox with the old numbers for a month or so, so that every one will know what the changes are. No, she refused to do so, and immediately removed the old number so the new numbers would fit nicely on the mailbox.

Arrrrggg! ~??? ~??? ~???

Upon returning home, she decides to test whether the address has been changed by calling 911! 20 police show up at the house, lights flashing, etc.

Wow. I wonder if the City/County will send you the bill for that lapse of judgement?

Midlife, Next time just live in a traveling mobile home. Always moving about. Mr. Road warrior.

Sure, business.... :jam

So tell me, is the mancave in the same location or has it been relocated? May have to put out a beer tracer. Sounds like your wife has had plenty to keep her busy. Did she give the emergency crew some snacks? Hope she does not get a fine for that. I saw in the paper where they hit some pretty hard in another local city. Ohhhhh the headaches.

"daveSanborn" said:
Upon returning home, she decides to test whether the address has been changed by calling 911! 20 police show up at the house, lights flashing, etc.

Wow. I wonder if the City/County will send you the bill for that lapse of judgement?

That's my biggest concern. I can't believe she did that...

And yes, I am traveling on business. At least, they are paying my expenses!

Oh my gawd!!! What did she tell 911 was happening to get them there? That is simply unbelievable. In Tucson that would not just be a fine, she would be prosecuted and rightly so.

Back