• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"whimper..."whine"....

gwstang

Dang, I am aching in places I have not ached before doing this a/c install. Pete, you and Midlife were correct...this is a m@*%#! f^*#%@! job!!!!! Ya'll tried to warn me :char I have put in about 15 or so hours and still have to reinstall the radiator/front seats/radio/glove-box door etc. Where is that Yukon Jack/pain pills when I need it? :bomb The biggest problem is the temp. It has been around 100F every day for the last 2 weeks...damn. I can only work about 4 hours in the am and another 2 or so in the evening and dang is that garage hot as hell!!! Large round fan helps some. I am like Randy now...I need to go back to work to "rest up"...lol

I know what you mean, I am finishing up my project for the winter (I hope by July) and after replacing the floor, transition panel, trunk, one wheelhouse and rear frame rail sections, all of the suspension and upgrading the front brakes with a CSRP kit, I have found that doing the Modern Driveline hydraulic clutch was the hardest bit. Stupid dash!

I shoulda done it while the floor was missing (Note to self)

Be prepared to re-arch your back when you find out that you need to re-route the duct work under the dash. To me, that was the worst. Pete and I spent 3 full days, 8 hours per day to get that damn A/C unit in. That's 48 man-hours, about half of which was spent upside down under the dash.

And I won't talk of the couple of times I had to get under there at my place because it did not stay in place. Then a switch broke.....way up to the top front...... If I ever did another, I believe it would be the box under the dash.....

Definitely going to be worth it when you hop in it and drive down the street with the inside at 65 deg. and the outside at 100 deg.... All the cussin' will be sh$%t, this is NICE!

You should have bought a 65/66...
Keep going, you'll be smiling soon.

Back