• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why do people think we need crap like this?

dodgestang

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011 ... lkfacebook

Really? Really?

My car already yells at me:

When I drive up to my mailbox without my seatbelt on
When I drive up to my mailbox with a passenger who doesn't have a seatbelt on
When I leave the headlights on getting out (but the car keeps the headlights on for me anyway after I turn them off)
When I attempt to back up my trailer with the driver door open
When I don't tighten my gas cap completely
When I don't remember to tell it I changed the oil
When I my tires are really cold and it thinks they don't have enough air
When I get out of the car with it running
When i get out of the car without it running but with the key in ignition

Now they want me to buy and get excited that
It can yell at me when I don't use a turn signal
It can yell at me when it thinks I'm a poor driver (sleepy driver)
It can over ride me when it thinks I don't want to change lanes

Maybe if more people just got married and stay married we wouldn't need all this crap.....my wife yells at me for the all the same stuff my car yells at me about.

LMBO. Nice rant, agree 100%.

But, to answer your question, "because most people know nothing about cars, and are too lazy/dumb to do those things for themselves".

"apollard" said:
LMBO. Nice rant, agree 100%.

But, to answer your question, "because most people know nothing about cars, and are too lazy/dumb to do those things for themselves".

I'm starting a movement....I'm going to model it after pro-choice movements and hijack the "Keep the feds out of my womb" slogan and turn it into "Keep government mandates out of my cockpit"

"dodgestang" said:
I'm starting a movement....I'm going to model it after pro-choice movements and hijack the "Keep the feds out of my womb" slogan and turn it into "Keep government mandates out of my cockpit"

Can I be the 2nd person to join?

All of these "advancements" have just made drivers lazy. Those of us that take driving seriously are just annoyed and pissed.

"dodgestang" said:
...my wife yells at me for the all the same stuff my car yells at me about.

....you sure it is the car and not the wife you hear?

next thing coming is the ability to program the voice of the car with your wife's voice......

This will be automatically downloaded at your wife's discretion.

"AzPete" said:
....you sure it is the car and not the wife you hear?

The car goes DING DING DING...the wife goes NAG NAG NAG....while on the same frequency the phonic sounds are quite different

When i got my new hilux it whined at me for exceeding 100kmh.
I found the pietzo speaker and encased it in a blob of Great Stuff.
If i want to be nagged i go home

This is all great technology but how will you hear the "alert" warning over the glasspacks and be able to tell the difference between the steering wheel vibration lane management system or the bias ply tire shake? And most important, how will the camera even see the lines on the road over the massive hood scoop?!?

In 1991 ( 20y ago ) I went on vacation in the states , florida.
All was fine except that anoying ding ding ding when the door of the car was open or seatbelts not wearing or whatever.
I was glad that I hadn't an american car here in Belgium.
I would search for that speaker and ripped it out of the car.
Nowedays , the european cars have it also.A ding for this and a beep for that.
But its hard to eliminated that buzzer nowdays.
So , I presume I have to live with it !!! :rant :rant :rant

I am afraid that they will invent a thing that buzzes when you forgot to whip your ass off when coming of the toilet. :stu :stu

"B67FSTB" said:
I am afraid that they will invent a thing that buzzes when you forgot to whip your ass off when coming of the toilet.
Well if you forget that you are already buzzed :hide

"B67FSTB" said:
I am afraid that they will invent a thing that buzzes when you forgot to whip your ass off when coming of the toilet. :stu :stu

They call that Alzheimers.

What was that buzz for ????
Never mind.
Back to the ladies .......or what was it .... dammed.
I need to go to the toilet.

:stu :stu :stu :stu :stu

"B67FSTB" said:
...I am afraid that they will invent a thing that buzzes when you forgot to whip your ass off when coming of the toilet. :stu :stu
They already have buzzers for restaurant employees when they do not wash their hands when leaving the restroom.

"janschutz" said:
They already have buzzers for restaurant employees when they do not wash their hands when leaving the restroom.

Thats a good thing !! Good buzzer !!

If this gets people to use their blinkers, then it can't be all bad. I swear either newer cars don't come with blinkers or people around here are just too stupid to use them.

I get a lot of customers in my garage asking me to remove bells and buzzers..... Too bad they are built into the modules now... If they have to install all this crap, there should at least be the option to turn it off!

Back