• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why me?

daveSanborn

It seems that I've become the local clearing house for anything Mustang related. My cell phone rings at least once a week usually from someone I met in passing that has since tracked me down. Does this happen to anyone else? Strangers (so to speak) call you and ask if you're interested in "whatever" (mustang related)?

99 times out of a 100 I'm not interested. I've got more Musang crap laying around that I'm trying to get rid of and am not interested in acquiring anymore.

An hour ago I got a call from a lady whom I've never met. It seems her husband owns a body shop in the next county over (about 25 miles from me). An unknown customer drove in a "289 '65-66 Mustang with a new interior, but needing minor repairs" and has decided to sell it rather than finish fixing it. The customer needs $1500 for it. I have no other details than this, but am going to go take a look at it after lunch. I assume that since it is at a body shop, that it needs body work. We'll see. I need another Mustang like I need a hole in the head, but $1500 for a driver may be too good of a deal to pass up. If it's nice enough, I'll jump on it and flip it within the week. Convincing my wife to use a portion of my xmas bonus to buy another Mustang should be real interesting....

Does this kinda crap happen to everyone?

Before I left Az. it happened all the time. Having restored/owned several in the same small community, I would get two or three calls a week about something. Like you say, most was crap, some was good. Here in Fl., I do not know enough people to be in that position, Kinda nice in a way. I am having fun just being a no-body here. lol

As Historian and National Board Member of MCA, and the local Mustang club secretary, I get a lot of e-mails and calls. For e-mails, my policy is that if I did not initiate the call for merchandise information, I consider it spam. It's amazing how many times companies "cold call" various clubs to see if they are interested in their stuff. When it comes to MCA matters, I always politely answer the e-mails as best as I can.

Oh boy, tell me about it. I've already received one call from the MM article this month. I do the same as Midlife with the e-mails.

Okay, I'm back from the adventure. No great news. '69 H code Coupe with a really bad case of rust. I figured as such, but the one time that I don't investigate it will have turned out to be a K code FB.

Dave, do you want me to stop posting your number in every mens room I use that doesnt already have it written on the wall? I thought I was helpin ya out.

I also get my share of calls and emails, but they are typically coming from the parents of Stanford Coeds who have been surfing my website dirtyoldman.gov instead of doing their homework.

Nobody calls or emails me 'bout nothing except, hey babe, whatcha doin'? I'd actually like to have more calls with peeps saying, hey this dude says he needs to buy a house so I told him to call you.

Hmm, I just got a marketing idea from that post.

I did get a few calls about Mustang parts and/or cars untill changed my home phone number, now peace and quiet. I found my Shelby GT 500 KR by accident and I was actually was chasing down a leade on another car. Its a good thing I went. I would guess that 99% of the time, the trip is waisted. But if you score 1 out of 100, its well worth it.

"ShadowLands" said:
"Liz" said:
Nobody calls or emails me 'bout nothing except, hey babe, whatcha doin'?
Hey babe....whatcha doin?
:rof

Seriously, you called me 'babe'?

Actually, I was at a home inspection today AND was waitress girl too, so there. I was a productive member of society.

Back