• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wierd running rough

blue65coupe

I parked the car the other day and left it running at the house to pull in the basement. When I got back in, the temp was up to about 215 and the car was missing like crazy. After cool down, it idled fine. I'm gonna pull the plugs (and get an electric fan and new therm) but has anyone experienced this before? Any other suggestions as to what to check besides plugs, wires, coil, etc?

The fact that it was running hot plus idling may have caused the engine to load up on the fuel. The temp plus to much fuel would cause the missing. Fix the overheating and you will most likely be ok.

No water in oil as far as I can tell. If there is, they've done a good job of "blending". Didn't taste like water anyway.

Uhmmmm...... no,

mung

Broadly defined as anything that is very disgusting. Originally from the acronym "Mash Until No Good" from the practice of making many changes to a code until it is useless. Made popular from the Saturday Night Live sketch "Wayne's World", it was in the top 5 worst things to get in your halloween bag. It was mentioned again in South Park episode 317, this time more narrowly defined as a substance which comes out of a pregnant woman's vagina when pressure is applied to her stomach. And somehow an urban legend involving corpse fluids has sprung off the term mung, though there is no documentation supporting that this is anything other than a gross-out story.

Back