• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

window regulator

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Every time I take the car for a little spin around the block , the window in the right door slides down to halfway its opening.
Can I adjust this ?
Does this occurs due to a weak spring ?
I did pay attention when mounting my window regulators that I didn't switch them left to right and versa.
Any info is welcome here.

Sounds like a bad regulator. Pull the door panel and watch as you drive. You can possibly push it down by hand too.

Or, the car thinks it needs airing out when you drive...

Yeh , your are right.I can push it down by hand.
What can I do to fix it.
My wife got a whole new kitchen so my budget went up in smoke !!!!!

I have never tried to repair one, just replaced them. I thought I saw a set in the classifieds. Yep...they were for a 65-66.

I haven't that easy access as you have.
part + shipping + duty and taxes + time = more money

So , I will try to fix it.
Thx Pete.

I understand...

Not unless someone here has repaired them, I guess just start looking into it to see what holds it on the "up" position and go from there. Could be a bad of loose spring since it only falls half way.

Once it falls, does it roll back up as normal? Does the window crank also spin as the window falls?

"AzPete" said:
Once it falls, does it roll back up as normal? Does the window crank also spin as the window falls?

yes and yes

seems that the spring isn't that strong anymore. :confu will see

I remember reading about someone who repaired his regulator using the guts from a later model Mustang. I think it was on the VMF.

Frank

OK , I found out whats the reason for not holding up the window.
Now , I have to get some spare parts .
If anybody feels he can help me .......don't hesitate !! ( You need only some old regulators to help me )

I've got a set of 65's if anything from them can help just let me know and you can have it.

Back