• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Window Weatherstrip Molding Install

garner67

Quick question about installing the window weather strip molding...

On the 67/68 fastbacks there are 3 molding pieces for each side.

1) Drip rail molding, which attaches to the drip rail lip

2) Inner filler molding piece

3) Weatherstrip channel molding, the piece that you glue the weather strip onto.

Question... When I install the Inner Filler Molding and Weahterstrip Channel Molding, should I apply some sort of gasket on the body before installing the molding?

Here's what the '65 body manual says:

weatherstripnotes.jpg

weatherstripsecA-A.jpg

weatherstripsectionB-B.jpg

Scan1239555July132008.jpg

And here's a link to the album so you can see the full size if you want:
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/d_harrelson/Weatherstrip%20molding%20scans/

Hope that helps, but it is a '65 so...

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside, the 68 specific middle piece only goes up to the roofline, ie, starts at the quarter panel (bottom of the drip rail molding) and goes up vertically about 10-12" or so, goes around the bend at the roofline towards the front and then only goes about 2" and stops.

"sigtauenus" said:
As an aside, the 68 specific middle piece only goes up to the roofline, ie, starts at the quarter panel (bottom of the drip rail molding) and goes up vertically about 10-12" or so, goes around the bend at the roofline towards the front and then only goes about 2" and stops.

Interesting. On my 67, the middle piece that is held in place by rivets runs the entire length of the drip rail molding.

I got everything installed yesterday. Now it's time to glue in the weather stripping.

Back