• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

windshield Question

A

Anonymous

I am trying to figure out what to do for a windshield for my R code. The one I have is not original. It is a PPG brand and has a streak in it from the wiper on the passengers side. It is not a scratch but more of a grey discoloration. I think it could be buffed but not sure. Other than that it is not in bad shape. Should I try to use it or replace with new? If I use it what would be the best thing to try and get mark off windshield or if I replaced what is best brand to go with? TIA

first, if you rub your fingernail across the scratch & can feel it, don't try to buff it out. it will buff out, but will also distort the glass & won't be "headache friendly" to look thru. if you replace, i would request a carlite. i know right before i got out of the business 3 1/2 yrs ago, some of the new carlite parts that we received for the older cars had the old style carlite stamp which was pretty cool. as far as quality, anything carlite, ppg or lof (libbey/owens/ford) will be of good quality.

I can get you a new Carlite windshield with the correct date code for 75.00 extra. If you can feel it with your fingernail you can't polish it out. Rich.

Back