• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Windshield wiper assembly maintenance

Dne'

I was going to install my windshield wiper assembly, but the bushing where the wiper arms attach seem a little "dry" or not move freely as they should(The bushing going through the cowl). I guess after 40 years they may require a little attention. How does one service these parts? Am I clear about this question?
dne'

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Do you mean the rotating assemblies seem dry or the mounting bushings?

Yes, the rotating things! I just didn't know how to explain what they are! I was going to instal the wiper assembly, but if there is a way to lube them up, this would be the time to do it. I can always count on you Sluggo! :dance

It's been a while since I put the 67 back together. I don't recall there being anything to do there other than cleaning and lubing them.

"Sluggo" said:
It's been a while since I put the 67 back together. I don't recall there being anything to do there other than cleaning and lubing them.

+1 There is only so much anyone can do regarding this particular area. Clean and lube whereever you can.

+1 for the lube!

kylogo300_2.jpg

There's no place to lube or grease fitting. I'll do what I can. Thank you for your advice all! :notworthy:

Dne,

Just as you should for the window regulators, door latches/hinges, etc., .... spray some White Lithium grease on the joints of the rotating assemblies.

Back