• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wiper switch wiring question

I'm slowly making progress installing the AAW harness in my car. Going slower than I'd hoped but I'm getting closer, the front lighting is all done, as is many of the underdash work. I am having some trouble with making the connection between the windshield wiper switch and the washer pump. I have a single wire from the pump as I am using an aftermarket pump and I just grounded it to it's mounting screws. I took two pictures of the rear of the switch, the harness for the motor is plugged in and it leaver two open terminals.

When the knob is pulled out there is continuity between those open terminals. Any way to determine which of the two I connect the black/white tracer wire from the pump to? 66 Wiper Switch 2.JPG 66 Wiper Switch.JPG

One spade lead (it doesn't matter which one) is power in (usually ACC power) and the other spade lead it power out to the washer pump. Pretty simple, really...

Back