• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wiring

RustyRed

I was kicking around an idea but not sure if it would fly...since I have my fenders off anyway would it be possible to drill a hole in my fender apron and then run the harness that feeds the headlights, turn signals, horns, etc down the back side of the fender where it would be somewhat hidden?

Just thinking it would be nice to hide them but also when I get around to pulling my engine and painting the bay I wouldn't really have to mess with moving them out of the way again.

Any thoughts or is this just a really stupid idea?

One thought that came to my mind is that the wires might not be long enough to reach and they might be more exposed to the weather on the back of the fender instead of inside the engine bay. Then again, I pretty much never drive the Mustang in the rain, never travel down gravel roads, etc, etc.

I've seen it done quite a bit. Just use a good wire loom, braid, etc to protct the wires.
I've even seen PVC pipe used as a conduit.

for example...
P9240010.jpg

P9240005.jpg

P9240006.jpg

P9240007.jpg

P9240008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen it done alot. It really cleans up the engine bay, if that is the look you are after.

Back