• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Working out the bugs!

tarafied1

Well I am gone all week every week so I can only drive my Stang on the weekends. Often it's just a few short trips to out to eat or something. I have had a few longer trips and it's been pretty reliable but a few things were bugging me. For example the blinking intermitten brake/dash light thing. Finally fixed that with relays on the brake lights and they are brighter and blink better too. My horns didn't work but I took out the screws and WD40'd them. They didn't work right away but they have started to work now. I also had a tendancy to run hot sitting at stop lights or in traffic so I got the relay and thermal switch installed and put the stock crank pulley back on, seams okay now but still had an issue starting the car after just a quick stop. I bought an Optima red top battery and I hope that will give me the cranking power for hot starts. I have been forced to wait until the engine cooled enough in order for it to start because it just wouldn't crank fast enough. I'll have to test it out this weekend. Also I has a fender rub when we were all in the car and I hit a sharp bump like at a bridge. I did some work on the wheel lip, I hope I got enough clearance now. My driver seat broke too but I got it fixed with a nifty bracket from some spare 68 seats I had. I finallay got a stereo and my exhaust done so cruising is a pleasure. I want to get all the bugs out before the 45th in B'ham. I'm really looking forward to going and it would suck to breaking down or fixing stuff all weekend!

"Fast68back" said:
How far is it for you to get to the 45th?
only about 4 or 5 hour drive, not too bad.

That 70 Fastback is really coming along, it's at that stage where it just isn't getting done fast enough, right?

Back