• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Workman's Comp claim......

AzPete

My wife and I have been fighting a workman's comp claim from her working in Az. until last year. She won a couple years ago as a temp. disability on one knee. Then last Mar., Az. cancelled that after evaluating her. This last month, it all started again as our lawyer argued the change. After another eval in Az., and waiting, she got the call today that she won......not sure what yet....but she won. The lawyer said the state said disability for life based on problems with both knees. Any dollar amount has to be settled yet so we have no idea how retroactive it may be, if they want a monthly amount o lump sum, whether we get any money at all, or just what. May be medical also. The lawyer did say this was big and he was excited..... This is the same lawyer that said he does not handle cases like my wife's because of the small income she made. He took it based on a high dollar clients recommendation.......... Now we wait.

All we were asking for was fair compensation and some medical coverage for an honest claim so anything above a small monthly amount is gravy for us.....might have enough to go the Sonic for a malt.

She is still fighting DELTA about the lost luggage. lol

The lawyer gets a 25% cut. We found this to be vary standard in this type case. There should be enough for the bolts.....

She used Binder & Binder for her SS disability. They took 25% of the back pay collected once we won. They would have had a small charge if we lost.

This all started in Sept, '05 with a fall at work.

Back