1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Would be funny if not true

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by blue65coupe, Jan 2, 2018.

1. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

2. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

That's the point . . . especially when the welfare system is geared towards giving benefits to those 'down and out'. Most folks with neck and face tattoos are dog-whistling that they will never be contributing members of our civilized society.

3. 3175375

Amen

4. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Horseplay said there is no actual penalty; I replied that there would be a felony conviction on the thief's record and it would be hard to get a real job. To me, that is a substantial penalty. I stand by my statement.

5. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

Randy, it isn't a felony if they just don't prosecute.

Admit it, that is what will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. Midlife

Unlikely, Mel. They will get a felony conviction with time already served prior to conviction (if any) and probation. If they fail probation, then they will likely serve more time.

The root of the problem is that California's prisons are severely over-populated, so those with less serious crimes will be sentenced but not placed into incarceration. The other side of the problem is that it is very expensive to house prisoners, which increases taxes on the general population.

I'm not taking the liberal position on this issue; only pointing out the side effects of prosecuting potentially ALL crimes vice focusing upon major crimes. Given a limited amount of resources for prosecution and incarceration, what does one do? Would you rather increase the tax rate, build even more prisons, and bring back 3 strike policies? Or perhaps just hang every convicted felon immediately after trail on the nearest large tree outside the courthouse? There are many issues and many solutions, but no solution is perfect.

7. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

That's for sure, Randy.

I think that since the felony at that dollar amount has become less serious to the legislative branch that the executive branch, (law enforcement) will stop enforcement of this. Then what I said makes more sense.

Do they prosecute the theft of an iPhone? Not likely.

See my point?

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Free up some cells and execute those on death row*

*If Kali wasn’t so leftist and brought it back.

9. PraireBronze

PraireBronze Member

My thought has always been to outsource the prison system to India. I bet they could do it very very inexpensively.

msell66 likes this.
  10. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Instead of standing by your statement (assumption of knowledge), why not take 5 seconds to Google what Prop 47 did?

https://ballotpedia.org/California_...d_Penalties_for_Some_Crimes_Initiative_(2014)

11. 3175375

One more reason I got the hell out of that liberal sesspool.

One day, I might really tell you how I feel

guruatbol and msell66 like this.
  12. blue65coupe

blue65coupe Well-Known Member

Personal responsibility and accountability............ahh the good ole days. DA's offices don't prosecute shit, ask me how I know. Commit a crime, get away with it, government supports you since you are "down and out". I can't get started on this issue, geez.

13. Horseplay

Follow through with the actual incarceration of convicted criminals and have them serve their time in full and I will gladly pay more in taxes to see them rot there. Current practices of reduced sentences or no time served at all only further exasserbate the problem by showing all that there is no penalty for crimes. People learn lessons by suffering the consequences of their actions. Removing the consequences has gotten us in the sad state we are now.

Third strike is/was awesome except it should end in the death penalty not life time incarceration. I would tweak it a bit and assign level to the crimes involved. Third strike for stealing a pair of shoes is kinda rough. I'd give them one pass but the next time I wouldn't care the crime...fry 'em. Any parent can tell you that without threat of real punishment the kids run wild. If they know they risk a real punishment behavior improves. Criminals are no different in that sense. There is a reason many commit crimes without weapons as they know the water gets much hotter should they brandish a gun. Imagine if they thought they might actually spend real time in a REAL prison if they committed crimes.

Here's a great idea all you liberal leaners will love. Immediate family members of convicted felons are put at risk of being ineligible for any form of government assistance. Yep. Baby daddy robs a gas station and his baby momma cannot receive assistance for his offspring. His grandma can't collect either. Maybe, just maybe there might start to be some actual parenting and social pressure started to curb criminal behavior. Generations of weak ass social policy has only made things worse. Time to get back to good old fashioned ass whoopin'. Or skull frying. Whatever.

We need to stop all the pussy shit and get serious about this mess. Criminals don't deserve a damn thing. They forfeit it all when they commit crimes. They should sit at our mercy for any scrap of food we might provide. That kind of stance WILL correct behavior long term. In the short, screw 'em. No one is making them be dumb asses. They can sit on their asses and live off the BS government teat as it is now but if that isn't good enough and they resort to crime instead of work they can rot for all we should care as law abiding people.

Mach1Mark and 6t6red like this.
  14. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Sharia law. I like it.

15. msell66

Finally, a voice of reason.

16. Horseplay

Sarcasm typically has some basis in truth or intellectual insight. I believe you have whiffed on both counts.

Do you really believe holding persons responsible for their own actions or grievous basic societal failures to be on par with radical religious persecution? Really?

Mach1Mark likes this.
  17. blue65coupe

blue65coupe Well-Known Member

I think I'm with Gary. Think about it Terry. In my line of work we hardly ever go into the heavily populated Hispanic areas. Why? They handle shit themselves...and don't want to get deported. But, you mess up and the community fixes you. The gov't ain't doing it. We don't have to call it "Sharia" because of the connotation. Call it "communal accountability".

18. Horseplay

I don't think that is the angle Gary was taking but maybe.

And you are right to some degree about Hispanics but not so much in a larger metropolitan area. Where gangs run neighborhoods people stay silent and try to avoid getting involved. This is absolutely true in black communities. Not only because of dangerous gangs but more so because of distrust of you guys in blue.

19. msell66

Whatcha gonna do when they come for.

20. Midlife

Shithole communities.