• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WSM's 4th QUARTERLY ST. ARNOLDS BREWERY TOUR AND MORE! SAT NOV 8TH!! - HOUSTON

joesgt281

WSM's 4th QUARTERLY ST. ARNOLDS BREWERY TOUR AND MORE! SAT NOV 8TH!! - HOUSTON

Westside Mustangs (Houston) puts this event on Quarterly and it is a really good time.

THIS IS ALWAYS A GREAT EVENT AND THE WEATHER THIS GO ROUND SHOULD BE PERFECT!
If there's enough people interested, we can do regional meet-ups again, and if there's not that many, we need to just meet up at St. Arnolds no later than 11:45 am. Bring food is you'd like, and St. Arnolds Accessories and get ready for a hell of a time.

Admission is $5 and it includes a souvienier glass and a few tokens for free samples. (You usually end up with more when people start clearing out).

Afterwards we go to Corvettes & Classics to gawk for a little while, then over to BJs Brewhouse on 1960 for a few more and dinner... Afterwards we will all cruise out to the Nifty Fifties Car meet at Spring Cypress and Champions Forest Dr.

Come one come all, let's make this fun!!!

Follow all the chatter on the WSM board at:
Westside Mustangs

For those coming from the west side of town, I will gather up anybody that's at Texas Borders Bar & Grill by 11:15. This is shown as the first point on the attached directions, but it's not mandatory that everybody starts at this point.
Texas Borders
19910 Park Row Dr. Katy, TX
St Arnolds Website
2522 Fairway Park Drive
Houston, TX 77092
Corvettes and Classics Website
15757 North Fwy
Houston, TX 77090
BJ's Website (no, parental controls does not have to be off)
WILLOWBROOK MALL
7637 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston , TX 77070
Niftee 50's Website
Krogers Shopping Center
8745 Spring Cypress Rd.
Spring, TX 77379

Click herefor detailed route directions and a map.

Map_big.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds cool, I was in Longview earlier this week and I'm in Conroe today and tomorrow. I don't get down here much but I like the area. We have pretty much had our last Cruise-in and car shows in Western KY for the year. Be sure to post a few pics for us!

"tarafied1" said:
Sounds cool, I was in Longview earlier this week and I'm in Conroe today and tomorrow. I don't get down here much but I like the area. We have pretty much had our last Cruise-in and car shows in Western KY for the year. Be sure to post a few pics for us!

well you picked the right time to be down here....the weather is great this time of year.
pics will be forth-coming :icon_thumleft:

I just checked the Weather Channel and it's supposed to be beautiful sunny Saturday, high of 78 degrees. :pep
So give a shout out if you think you're going to make it on out.

I'd love to be there but I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend (working). I'm going to try and go see Shelby...

"tarafied1" said:
I'd love to be there but I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend (working). I'm going to try and go see Shelby...

hey i'd love to hear a report on your Shelby visit.
been considering doing the same.

I'd encourage everybody to take down my cellphone number and call me if you want to find out where we are at at any given time.
Or for other info, peeps can call me (Joe) at 832-687-0009.

Re: WSM's 4th QUARTERLY ST. ARNOLDS BREWERY TOUR AND MORE! SAT NOV 8TH!! - HOUST

I'm going out to mustang mania early in the morning. I'm not sure from there. I just took on another project and might have to do some actual work.

I want to do niftee fiftees, my buddy chuck will be there with the 67 as well. Robert(the Allstate guy you talked to might come out as well.

What time you guys rollin out?

Randy,
Here's the full itinerary below.
Hey that project will still be there waiting for you.......today is just too gorgeous to miss :dance
------------------
This is going to be the best cruise to date!
The weather is freekin gorgeous and I'm advised that there will be a really big turnout at the Niftee!
So shine up your Mustang, Merkur, mnivan, or whatever.....and get ready for a great time.

If you want to get in the most miles, you can start out in Katy with me.
We'll depart Texas Borders a little after 11.
Otherwise you can meet up with us at St. Arnolds, or anywhere else along the way.
Here's a rough schedule:
11:11 - Depart Borders
11:45 - Arrive at St. Arnolds
12:00 - Doors open at the brewery
3:30 - Depart for Corvettes and Classics
4:00 - Arrive Corvettes and Classics
5:00 - Depart for BJs
5:30 - Arrive at BJs
5:45 - Reservations at BJs
7:00 - Depart for Niftee 50's
7:30 - Arrive at Niftee 50's
Okay at this point we drool over all the fine iron and people kind of go at their own pace and we don't try and hold the group really together.
This is the official end of the line but unofficially, if anybody's interested, I'll be heading over to hear a band called Underconstruction at the Parrot PUb, which is very near there. Please come along if you'd like to hear a good rock cover-band.
The address is:
Parrot Pub
5010 Louetta Rd # A
Spring, TX 77379
It's near Louetta and Kuyhendahl.

Please note that the above times are very approximate so if you're going to join us somewhere along the route, feel free to call me to find out where we are at any given time.
Joe - 832-687-0009

A word regarding food at St. Arnolds.......
They don't sell food, and since it's around lunchtime, people generally either eat ahead of time, bring food and tailgate in the parking lot, or they bring food into the brewery to have with their beverages.
The latter is cool, but the seating inside is limited, so if you're needing to spread out with your munchies, it is important you get in with the first wave of folks and get a table.

Well I look forward to seeing the hard-core regulars again, as well as some new faces.
Let's make this a fun and safe event!

Re: WSM's 4th QUARTERLY ST. ARNOLDS BREWERY TOUR AND MORE! SAT NOV 8TH!! - HOUST

Hehehe..........I almost made it to Texas Borders ~sp

Well it was a really awesome time.
Here's a link to my pics, at least up until the battery went out in the camera :(
Album
And a couple randoms....
Can anybody photoshop out the Chevy Cobalt (wtf???)
StArnoldCruiseQ4-2008_0015.jpg

StArnoldCruiseQ4-2008_0003.jpg

StArnoldCruiseQ4-2008_0020.jpg

StArnoldCruiseQ4-2008_0049.jpg

StArnoldCruiseQ4-2008_0081.jpg

StArnoldCruiseQ4-2008_0085.jpg

I hear ya Dave, but this is not intended to be a Fast n Furious Ricer kinda car.
He's gradually making it into a 2000 Cobra R replica, which was Fords no-frills factory racer.
I've had the scary-pleasure of riding in a real one and it is one of the fastest Stangs ever built.
2000_mustang_SVT_Cobra_R.jpg

He's gradually making it into a 2000 Cobra R replica

Cool, when's he welding on a roof?

There's a factory '03 Cobra R here in town at a friend of mines "exotic" car dealership. I haven't driven it, but I've started her up. ~thu :icon_thumleft:

What were the production numbers on this car? He told me something like 75 of them were built, but I was only half listening to him as I was too busy wiping the drool off my chin.

Back