• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTB: 1965-66 rear window trim

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Mine are dented and/or bent (by the brute at the body shop who tried to install it years ago). Hoping of for a complete, perfect set that just needs to be cleaned.

How bad are your originals? I pounded out lots of dents from mine and repolished them afterwards.

You can work out just about any damage on them provided they were not bent so far as to crease/tear the metal. Little hammer and dolly, maybe a little filing and sanding followed by a good polishing is all it takes.

I know I could probably straighten the OEM pieces, its just one more thing I didnt to have to do. They arent bent or seriously damaged. Just dented about every 1.5"-2" from the rubber mallet the shop gorilla used to 'install' them on hardened sealer. Youve given me the little push I needed to try and make them usable. They dont have to be perfect, just better looking than thet are now and Im sure I can do that.

For more incentive, just think of the $$$ you will save. Original trim like that is pricey. Even more costly to have someone else do the sprucing up.

My local Mustang supplier apparently has a "decent" set for $125. I have not seen them but honestly cannot expect them to be dent free. But hey, I've been wrong before. PM me if you want to take the next step.

Back