• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTB fox body 5.0 throttle cable and bracket

Hey,

I have a throttle cable and pedal that came out of an 89 mustang that I was gonna use on my conversion, but decided to go with a lokar setup. Do you need the pedal? The bracket you're looking for...is that the one that goes on the throttle body? I don't have one of those, unless the car keeps acting strange and I can't figure it out and yank the efi out...

give me an offer I can't refuse.

I just need the cable, not the pedal.

How well did lokar cable work? and did you have to use their pedal?

The pedal and cable came as a kit. It was an easy plug and play. The pedal bolts to that 1" or so hole in the firewall where the rod goes through. Then I just had to drill a 1/4" hole for the cable to go through. I don't recall if I had to cut the cable down to fit or not...too long back. It's challenging for one person to install, to hold the bracket on the inside of the car, and tighten the screw in the engine compartment. Not impossible, but would have been easier with two people.

The pedal slides on a splined shaft that is tightened with a set screw. If you forget to tighten the set screw, the pedal can come off. don't ask how I know that!!! It was quite the experience to go around a corner and have the pedal come off. I coasted to a driveway put the pedal on and tightened the setscrew when I got home. no problems since.

thanks for the info. I am trying to decide which way to make this work.

Pm me and let me know what you want for the just the cable.

Back