• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTB: Weber 48 IDA's

I love that setup but you have to have the knowledge , tools and skills to adjust these things.
IMHO.

"B67FSTB" said:
I love that setup but you have to have the knowledge , tools and skills to adjust these things.
IMHO.

im not looking to get everything at once, I wanna pick up stuff as I can.

It definently seems like there be problems getting the fuel to each weber evenly but im up for learning anything.

"Daves69Coupe" said:
im not looking to get everything at once, I wanna pick up stuff as I can.

It definently seems like there be problems getting the fuel to each weber evenly but im up for learning anything.
It's tuning the individual carbs and getting them in "sync" that is the challenge. That and finding the money to put it all together. You're looking at thousands not hundreds of dollars. Last time I seriously considered going that route I want to say a good used set-up was $2500 or so and that was years ago.

BUT...when you hear and drive (ride in) a finely tuned set of Webers, it's all worth it!

I got to ride in Charlie's 66 GT350 with the Weber setup at Hallett a few years ago. Man that thing was SWEET.

Hell, I just love the look. But I've always heard the tale of just how difficult it is to get it right...and keep it that way that has kept me away. Carb tuning has never been one of my stronger suits.

As someone who has 1st hand experience with Webers on my 67 GT500 that I formerly owned, I can say that synchronizing the carbs is very easy provided you have a high quality linkage and a synchrometer. I ran them for years and they never went out of synch on my car.
On the other hand, jetting them correctly can be a nightmare, especially if you don't have access to a dyno. Fortunately Webers are very easy to make jet changes on and dissembling the carbs is not necessary.
I loved them and hated them. In the end nothing beats the sound they make and when you open the hood of your Weber equipped car crowds will form. They are absolutely awesome when dialed in correctly with throttle response second to none.

i know there thousands not hundreds for a setup. Weber carbs are $500 and up just for one. The manifolds the cheapest part of it. Its gonna take time but it will be mine.

dont know if mine will be black but I want this.

Attachments

• IDA_SBF_8Stack-1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 126
More drool for the discussion (VMFer "fonebooth" stacks):

vert-engine-RH.jpg

Nice setup for a cleveland (didn't know Clevelands had that intake available!) http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALL-PANTERA-CO ... 2c622435a6

Last edited by a moderator:
"Daves69Coupe" said:
BADASS pic

I wish the space right to left on the manifod wasnt as big as it is.
Remember this is a pic of a BB set-up. If you are referring to the space between the valve cover and the stacks (where the heater hoses are run) that can easily be dressed up. Instead of plain hoses you could go braided or even a solid chrome or anodized tubes.

"Horseplay" said:
Remember this is a pic of a BB set-up. If you are referring to the space between the valve cover and the stacks (where the heater hoses are run) that can easily be dressed up. Instead of plain hoses you could go braided or even a solid chrome or anodized tubes.
[/quote

I was referring to the space horizontally between stacks, though I imagine it would be less on a small block 302.

Ingleses manifolds have come out with a cross ram IDA manifold also

Heres a pic (not a 302 in photo tho)

Attachments

• crossram.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 17
"Daves69Coupe" said:
Ingleses manifolds have come out with a cross ram IDA manifold also

Heres a pic (not a 302 in photo tho)

The carbs in that pic are DCOE's, not IDA's. They are similar, and some parts will interchange, but they are a different model carb.

"bigb427" said:
The carbs in that pic are DCOE's, not IDA's. They are similar, and some parts will interchange, but they are a different model carb.

AH i didnt notice that.

The main thing is just getting the manifold then you can choose IDAs or DCOEs.

Im def not planning on buying 1 of these completed systems because how much they cost. Ill just get the manifold and then IDAs as I can.

My biggest problem now is choosing stacks or cross ram

If you want my opinion, I think the cross ram looks a bit goofy. It doesn't make my jaw drop quite like the normal stacks!

Back