• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTF are these?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I'm finally going through my last pallet of Shag parts and find these pups. Are they tie down or tow plates that fasten to the rear frame rails by the shackles? Was this stock?

4_29_10_09_9_23_40_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the tie down plates, often removed by the stealership upon arrival. I'd clean them up and put them on e-bay for the concours crowd.

Mine are on the car...

It's really NOT a bad idea to re-install them back onto the car. I've had to tow/trailer my car on several occasions and it would have been nice to have the tie-down brackets on the car.

I actually never use them when securing a car for travel. I have always used the straps that do a basket over the front tires and a strap over the rear axle with a security chain with a bit of slack on the frame in the front. I have also used the 4 basket straps in the past. I find the car rides better on its own suspension and the pressure of the car trying to bounce is not put on the straps. Fast, easy and secure.
Silver66010jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete,
Looks like it's ready for me to pick up. I could work on your fuel filler and store it for ya. I'd be happy to drive it around with a for sale sign in the window too.

okay, getting back on track...
I had those brackets on my car but pitched them when I replaced the rear frame rails. I have trailered mine like Pete before. I also have Total Control shock plates to accommodate the 9" rear and they have built-in hold down points.

That picture is actually from when I bought it. I just sold that trailer yesterday and am working on a deal on the '07. I may be down to driving the '66 full time as my only car until we get a new one.......so, I will have to pass on your offer to store and drive it for now. Will put you on the list, as soon as I find the bottom of the list........

"AzPete" said:
so, I will have to pass on your offer to store and drive it for now. Will put you on the list, as soon as I find the bottom of the list........
:cry

Back