• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTS/WTT 17" mustang wheels

Kats66Pny

I can't use these on my '66 and so figure try and sell'em or trade them so I can get some wheels on Gertrude so I can get her on the road.
Asking $125 obo or I will trade them for other wheels that will fit on a '66 mustang w/disc brakes.

wheel.jpg

Obviously these would pretty $$$$ to ship so would probably be best to keep it in Texas.. Austin/Waco/Houston area since I live almost in the middle of all those. If they are traded, then I'd be willing to go a little further out... Dallas, San Antonio.

Oh yeah, I also have some 14"s I would sell/trade. No reason to keep these since the front two won't fit disc brakes. They have Fomoco stamped in them so I guess they are original and not repo. :shrug

cuda4310169.jpg

"Kats66Pny" said:
Oh yeah, I also have some 14"s I would sell/trade. No reason to keep these since the front two won't fit disc brakes. They have Fomoco stamped in them so I guess they are original and not repo. :shrug

cuda4310169.jpg
Kat, I have those on my 68 and they fit my factory disk brakes. But I did buy a 15" version for the rear to fit the Lincoln disk brake setup.

"Kats66Pny" said:
These ones I have won't fit over the calipers. :shrug

That's because you do not have factory disk brakes.

I don't know what brakes I have. LOL The kit I got wasn't from CSRP or SSBC or anything. I do know they are not granada brakes. I don't think. I didn't have to change spindles or anything. Just slap on a bracket, toss on some rotors and calipers and it was good to go.

"Kats66Pny" said:
I don't know what brakes I have. LOL The kit I got wasn't from CSRP or SSBC or anything. I do know they are not granada brakes. I don't think. I didn't have to change spindles or anything. Just slap on a bracket, toss on some rotors and calipers and it was good to go.

so what do you do when it comes time for new pads? Buy another kit?

Would those 17's work for you with spacers?

"lethal289" said:
so what do you do when it comes time for new pads? Buy another kit?

Would those 17's work for you with spacers?

Take the old pad to the parts store and be like "I need one like this!"? LOL

They are 17x8's and not sure what the offset is but they would have to have a 1 or 2 inch adapter (spacer) to make it work.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Take the old pad to the parts store and be like "I need one like this!"? LOL

They are 17x8's and not sure what the offset is but they would have to have a 1 or 2 inch adapter (spacer) to make it work.

You should really try to figure that out before you need them. Dude you got the kit off of doesn't even have a clue?

He bought this kit a couple of years ago from Auto City Classic and it's been sitting in his shop in boxes so he doesn't remember much about them. He was buying and stock piling stuff for his '66 rebuild.

Back