• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yes, I am a grand dad...

tarafied1

I haven't talked a lot about the escapades of my oldest son. Things have been up and down and mostly down. The last time we kicked them out (him and his GF), they pretty much wanted nothing to do with us.
I won't go into all the nonsense but they had a baby almost 4 months ago. We haven't seen the baby at all until a few weeks ago for about 15 minutes.
Well tonight we got to spend a couple hours with her (it's a girl!). The relationship stuff has a ways to go but but this was a big step and it was nice. The GF still doesn't want anything to do with us but my son and the baby came over for dinner tonight. I helped him work on the 79 Mustang a little bit too.
543222_428123947212721_100000453577563_1427726_484143870_n.jpg

this is my 15 year old son and his GF, no they better not have any baby's!
537623_3386401784418_1400756601_45718507_117848463_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it must be hard on you man !!!
But 15 years is in my opinion too young to kick him out of the house. But he , who am I to judge ????
The fact that he came to visit you with his daughter , tells enough.
I think he want to be in contact with you on a regular base.
Just reward him for every attempt but don't do more.
Show him that you appreciate its effort to be a family again.His GF will follow.
Raising kids today is like balancing on a sagging rope (that has no tension)
You tell them thing 100 times , they still haven't heard it !!!!
My son ( almost 20 ) did drive through an almost closed railway crossing.Busted the front windshield and some other things.
Now , he is gonna prove himself to me , he gonna change and take more responsebility and untill then , no car !!!!

Oh... Sorry Craig for making such a remark but todays kids can make your life into a hell.
I see it alot of teenage mothers and all the problems that comes with that.
Again my apologizes for my remark. :wor

no problem Bruno, the message still applies. My son who has the baby is 21 but my 15 year old is probably more mature than my 21 year old. Although the 21 year old is growing up real fast being a dad. I think he will never amount to much but maybe he will surprise me. He is intelligent just doesn't apply himself. He has tons of potential. Anyway, it has still been a hard watching him struggle but my wife and I decided we were enabling him (them) and had to kick them out. Maybe they will make it...

Congrats on being a grandpa, even if its not under the best of circumstances. She is adorable.

I think you did do the right thing back you kicked them out. Tough love is never the easy road. Sounds like maybe your son is finally coming around, hopefully the gf will not keep him and the baby from you.

Congrats Gramps lol. I think me and you talked about this a few weeks back. He'll be fine. You raised him right and showed him the value of hard work. He'll figure it out, nothing wrong with making him struggle. Like we said before, it builds character and how he handles it shows the meddle of a man.

Bill

Congrats Craig, that is a beautiful little girl, sorry you didn't get to see her from day 1. Hopefully there will be many more days with many more visits to watch her grow. I hope this becomes a building block between you, Tara and your son. Girls are special things and just remember, they break easier...
Jon

Awesome you got to spend some time with her, congrats. There was a little talk of this when we went to Sam's memorial and you're doing the right thing. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do even if it sucks. Friggin' awesome deal that he's bringing the kid around. It might just be the thing to help him grow up and kickstart a repair on the relationship. It's amazing how you realize how much your parents wanted to protect/help you when you have kids of your own. It definitely gives you a different perspective. Good luck man.

thanks all. This whole situation is not at all like I imagined it would be. It's been real hard at times.

Back