• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

yes I'm an idiot

It really doesn't matter on the 65's which hose goes where, so long as the two hoses are used.

Yes, it does matter. Lower hose goes to the intake, upper hose goes to the water pump. This keeps air bubbles from getting trapped in the heater core.

So, now that we know you have admitted to being an idiot, have you figured out which is the top hose and which is the bottom?

Another one we have to keep an eye on.......... :cry

Let's just hope I don't try to install the hc sideways! Then I'll have a right and a left and will have to ask again!!!

"Starfury" said:
Yes, it does matter. Lower hose goes to the intake, upper hose goes to the water pump. This keeps air bubbles from getting trapped in the heater core.

Hey Tad - does this apply to the 70's also? My hoses exit the firewall in a stacked fashion as well. I have not hooked them up to the W.P & intake yet.

Yup, applies to most cars:) You just want the inlet on the bottom to carry air bubbles up to the top and get sucked back into the engine, rather than leaving them stuck at the top of the heater core if the hoses are reversed.

If you look in the FSM, there should be a hose routing diagram in there somewhere.

Back