• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yes or no?

Kats66Pny

The guy I trade seats with, is selling these Ansen sprint wheels. Fronts are 14x6 and rears are 15x8.5
I don't think they would look all that bad on Gertrude, but my husband says they are ugly. :shrug

010-3.jpg

My 68/69 GT wheels are 14x6 and they don't fit but this guy had disc brakes on his 68 and these fit. Tomorrow I'm going to borrow one 14 and one 15 and see how they look and if they will fit on Gertrude over her disc brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic and simple look. Plus they will fit! Not worth too much though. How much does he want for them?

"janschutz" said:
I agree with your husband. Plus there are not any center caps.

Hater. :char LOL Probably why he's only asking $150 for the set. No rubber on the 15s & no center caps (those can be bought later down the road).

I don't think they look at all that bad. Of course I think my GT wheels that I have are ugly so what do I know. LOL

Something better will come along......keep lookin... I bet if you sent Jason (Classic recreations) a painting he could hook you up, I'm sure he has a bunch of take off wheels from the cars they are using up there..... :shrug

4 rims with two new tires for $150?! You will not find a cheaper way to get your car back on her own four wheels. Plus, like I said, it's a simple classic look that goes well with the car.

You can always sell them later for as much as (or close to it anyway) you have in them when you are ready to invest in a nicer set of wheels. No brainer in my book.

I am not sure how I feel about appearances but I do like the old skool (and cheap) approach. It would get your car back on it's wheels and maybe you could sell your GT wheels for $150. Some people want and like those. If I was closer I might even buy your GT wheels...

Too bad your so far away, I have an extra set of 15" TTD's you could borrow.

"silverblueBP" said:
Too bad your so far away, I have an extra set of 15" TTD's you could borrow.

Is Belgium closer then Texas , Mark ? I believe so . :roll :roll :roll

"B67FSTB" said:
Is Belgium closer then Texas , Mark ? I believe so . :roll :roll :roll
It depends on the weather, soon NOTHING will be close to Mark! When the snow buries him!!!

15 x 5's do you plan on the car handling any? Usually running 4's or 5's up front is more of a drag setup, it diminishes cornering capabilities of the car. Not feeling your first option either. :shrug

Back