• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yes or no?

"Fast68back" said:
Those 10's would stick out like Mark's ears....
Yup You need Good backspacing to get 10s under there i had 3 1/2" bs on my 10" wides and they stuck out 2" at least, I Was pretty stupid I just sold the Brand New 295/50/15 BFG rubber 125$ for the pair.

I couldn't afford what he is asking on the drag lites anyway. I had a few say 10s on the rear would make Gert look bad ass but I just don't know. Like you said, they would stick out. I'd have to put fender flares on to help hide that. The less I have to do the better. I just want wheels that fit. :part

:censored :censored :rant :censored :censored

Lug nuts barely fit on the studs and the wheel barely fits over the caliper. You can hear the caliper scrape a little if you slowly turn the wheel.

Could I change calipers to something smaller? Might be kind of hard though finding one that will work with the kit/bracket I have. :shrug

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 78
  • wheel2.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 75
Sure you got the correct lug nuts? I thought those wheels took the type with a shank about an inch long or so. This also centers the wheel.

31HuJjsPKXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sometimes you can file down some excess metal on the caliper depending on where it touches.

It's such a tight fit, I can't really see where it touches, but I can hear it. Maybe I do need those type of lug nuts. He said I might have to change them depending what I had.

How in the heck do you shave off excess metal off a caliper? :confu

"AzPete" said:
Sure you got the correct lug nuts? I thought those wheels took the type with a shank about an inch long or so. This also centers the wheel.

31HuJjsPKXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sometimes you can file down some excess metal on the caliper depending on where it touches.

I was thinking the same.

Once you see where it rubs, you can file off some of the outer bulk.........

Get the lugs checked out first. If the hole in the wheel has a straight sided hole and flat at the surface the lug goes against, you need new ones like I pictured. You can take the wheels to a local tire shop and most likely find the lugs. For that, I like the private shops vs the chain type.

Get the right wheel that has clearance for the calipers.

Are you sure it is the wheel rubbing you are hearing and not maybe just the rotor/pads? Looking at the one pic it looks like you have clearance for the caliper.

It might be the rotor/pads, but sure sounds like rubbing on the wheel. :shrug The angle of the picture makes it look like there's more room than there is.

"Kats66Pny" said:
How in the heck do you shave off excess metal off a caliper? :confu

On my passenger side, the Cast Seam was a little high and I just used a large file on it until it cleared. Next time will just use a belt sander, it will quicker and easier on my hands.

Also check if it has stick on wheel weights on the inside.
It might be them hitting the caliper

There were no sticky weights on the fronts that I saw, but there is on the one rear 15x8.5 I also borrowed.

I don't know... I can't tell if I like the look of these on Gertrude or not.
WheelOption1.jpg

"Kats66Pny" said:
:censored :censored :rant :censored :censored

Lug nuts barely fit on the studs and the wheel barely fits over the caliper. You can hear the caliper scrape a little if you slowly turn the wheel.

Could I change calipers to something smaller? Might be kind of hard though finding one that will work with the kit/bracket I have. :shrug

I swear when i had these on my first car the had an oval shaped chrome piece that went in the lug hole.

Back