• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yesterday sucked.

RapidRabbit

Donator
Well Sunday was a crappy day.

We flew into Ohare on Saturday night from our trip to Dallas and stayed with my brother.

The day started out good. It was nice to see my brother and his family. they have not seen Alaina since June of 2010.
Later in the afternoon Alaina fell over and hit the back of her head on the hardwood floors. she's clumsy just like her Daddy.
She was fine just a little upset. Then when we getting ready to head home around 6:30 we decided we should take a few pictures of the kids together so we went for our digital camera and it was no where to be found. apparently we must have left it on the plane on the flight from Dallas. Jen was taking pictures on the plane and must have stuck it in the seat pocket. It's not the loss of the camera that bothered us the most, but the fact that all our pictures from our trip and Alaina's first plane rides were on there. That we can't replace. :rant

So we decided to just use my cell phone and take few pictures. All the kids were sitting on the landing at the bottom of the stairs and Alaina was actually cooperating for a picture. Jen stood up so we could just get a picture of the kids and in a split second Alaina tried to get down and fell face first on to the hardwood floor from about 2 steps up. We almost took her to the emergency room. She ended up with a very large goose egg on her forehead, but was not showing any signs of a concussion. Her speech was fine, she was using her sign language and was completely awake. Within a half hour or so, she was smiling and playing again. So we sat at my brothers until 9 with ice on her head and until she was feeling better. We didn't make it home until midnight. Made for a very long day.

We felt like horrible parents letting her get hurt even though we know kids get bumps and bruises. When we got up this morning all the lump was gone and she just has a bruise on her head.

IMAG0538.jpg

IMAG0537.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently we must have left it on the plane on the flight from Dallas.
I left one in a cab in DC once... ran like heck and caught it!!
I know what you mean about the pics being more valuable than the camera...

Re: Yesterday sucked.

Yup. I called them and left a message yesterday. Tried to get a human and apparently not an option. Hopefully someone will turn it in.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

See? This is why you don't go to TX. Bad mojo after spending some time with TX Stangfixers. Now, had you come out to California:

1. Alaina would have ripped a big fart at the Stangfix dinner that would have made you a proud papa. :thu

2. Instead of leaving the camera on the phone, some sultry bimbo stewardess would have come up to you to remind you to not forget the black bag under your seat, which you later discover has $50,000 cash inside it.

3. The same sultry bimbo stewardess calls you late that night after the family has gone to bed saying that she found your camera and was wondering if you wanted to "hook up" at the local Gentlemens Club so she could return your camera.

4. And finally, I hope I put a smile on your face. Sorry to see that Alaina has gone through so much grief recently.

Well cali is probably our next stop. End of October maybe. So I hope your right.

Yesterday sucked.

Just let us know where in Cali. We are all over the map over here, in more ways than you know. LoL!

I know what you mean. My digital camera was lifted from my desk in my cubicle two years ago and found it in the hands of another co worker who brought it in to show off pictures from their weekend Vegas trip. They forgot it when they left home and I just so happened to have the receipt with serial numbers to match. I didn't care about the camera really, but they tossed the memory card that had pics of my son from age 1-1/2 to 3. Some were already on my hard drive but the other half will never be recovered. Blaw!

That sucks when you can't even trust your coworkers. We did have my wifes initials engraved on the front of the camera so if it turns up on eBay or something maybe we can recognize it. I am still hoping the cabin crew found it and turn it in though.

"abrahamfh" said:
Just let us know where in Cali. We are all over the map over here, in more ways than you know. LoL!

I know what you mean. My digital camera was lifted from my desk in my cubicle two years ago and found it in the hands of another co worker who brought it in to show off pictures from their weekend Vegas trip. They forgot it when they left home and I just so happened to have the receipt with serial numbers to match. I didn't care about the camera really, but they tossed the memory card that had pics of my son from age 1-1/2 to 3. Some were already on my hard drive but the other half will never be recovered. Blaw!

Did you give that guy the appropriately ministered ass-whopping that he deserved? :skul

If it were me, I'd make an appointment to see my kids doctor, now. Better to play it safe. Our youngest fell at McDonald's and after that episode, I'm just really paranoid. And then there was that Sham Wow guy. That looks like a real hard hit. I'm glad she's acting normal.

My wife is taking her to the doctor today. She had a fever of 102 last night but now she's back down to 99.

Give Alaina a big "get well" hug from the StangFix gang. We better hear about some severe pampering going on around the house.

Re: Re: Yesterday sucked.

"cmayna" said:
Give Alaina a big "get well" hug from the StangFix gang. We better hear about some severe pampering going on around the house.
Thanks Craig.
She is already spoiled enough, but she is getting lots of love from momma.

Yesterday sucked.

Your wife leaving a camera on the plane is just a sign that it's time for a new one. Might consider a new camera, too.

Well maybe, but I just got her trained. Not sure I can go through that again. The camera was starting to have problems anyway and we do have 2 other ones.

And just to top off this wonderful week. I was driving home around 10 last night from work and hit a huge racoon with my Volvo. Cracked the front bumper pretty good an bent one of my fog lights off. WTH!

That sucks. Glad the kid is ok. My 2 yr old boy fell off his stool getting ready to brush his teeth and the first point of contact was right behind his ear on the corner of the tile around the tub. That is scary stuff man.

"RapidRabbit" said:
And just to top off this wonderful week. I was driving home around 10 last night from work and hit a huge racoon with my Volvo. Cracked the front bumper pretty good an bent one of my fog lights off. WTH!
I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Up until you hit that raccoon you thought you were having a rough week. Now you should see that your week was great compared to that of the poor raccoon!

Yesterday sucked.

Sorry Pat, that all sucks! Kids can take a beating on their foreheads, but it sure looks scary. Hope your week gets better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just blame Midlife and his curse.

Midlife rebuilt my coupe under dash harness.

I touch my mustang everyday since it is my DD.

We shook hands Friday night.

Curse was transferred to you.

As much as I liked to blame midlife, the curse has been with me for several years............. Although I have been on the fix for a couple years. Hmmmm

I didn't even mention all the other problems in the last week alone.

Back