• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yesterday's Oklahoma City tornado

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Don't know if we have any SF members in Oklahoma City but our prayers are out for everyone who were affected by the 200 mph ripper that tore a deadly path yesterday.

Daughter lives 2 miles north of where it went through. She was at work and she is fine. Her brand new car she's had for 4 days is hail damaged.

Nasty stuff for sure. We had storms blow through Sunday that had 70mph straight line winds. A neighbor down the road a ways lost a big tree in his front yard and his huge barn. Blew the barn apart and spread debris over 100yds away. Looks like a bomb went off. No other damage anywhere, weird stuff.

It's tough to look at the destruction in Oklahoma.

"70 StangMan" said:
I'll take a Cat. 5 Hurricane any day.

Dunno if I'd go that far, I'd think it's kinda rare to drown in a tornado!

With that said, prayers and hope to all of those affected.

"Ponyman66" said:
Dunno if I'd go that far, I'd think it's kinda rare to drown in a tornado!
Well at least you get 3 or 4 days notice before that Sumbitch hits. Plenty of time to make choices. Not so when it drops out of the sky right onto your town.

we supply aluminum to a plant in Oklahoma City, several of the employees live in Moore. Three lost their homes but no lives lost. One guy says his wife and kids were in the bathroom in the middle of the house, when the tornado passed, that was all that was left of the house was that bathroom...

If you live in tornady alley, you need either a safe room or a basement.

"cmayna" said:
Boy, I'd keep that bathroom and build a new house around it.
If I looked out my window and saw something 2 miles wide and coming at me with winds over 200 mph I'd be huntin' me a bathroom too.

"70 StangMan" said:
If I looked out my window and saw something 2 miles wide and coming at me with winds over 200 mph I'd be huntin' me a bathroom too.

wouldn't need one. would crap my pants right on the spot...

think i'll take the hurricane too. been thru a few of those back in the day. been close to a few tornados & wouldn't want to be in one...

I was within a mile of the one that went through Southaven, MS back in 08. I watched it cross the interstate, go over Southaven high, then saw a massive debris cloud when it hit a bunch of warehouses down airways Blvd. I could live with never seeing one again.

"70 StangMan" said:
Well at least you get 3 or 4 days notice before that Sumbitch hits. Plenty of time to make choices. Not so when it drops out of the sky right onto your town.

Fully agree tornado's do indeed tend to pop up with little to no warning. As far as notice for hurricanes....ehhhh. Hugo was making a dead track for Savannah (and predicted to hit there)when I was stationed there in the Coast Guard. Knowing I'd be on duty I took my pregnant wife and 1 year old daughter to SC to stay with my parents several days before it was forecast to hit. Middle of the night it suddenly changed course and hit Charleston. Guess WHERE in SC my parents lived?!!! :hide

I worry very little about them though because I swear I'm a hurricane deterrent! Everywhere I've ever lived that a hurricane was predicted to hit, it went somewhere else. I told a friend that one day while visiting his business just before I moved. He laughed and said "sure you are". After New Orleans got hit he sent me an email asking how much he'd have to pay me to move back! LOL

Sorry to get a little O/T....now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Back