• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yet another what it's worth and a favor to ask.

Of course I've not finished restoring the Mach yet so I may find out that the appraised value is not the same as the invested value. My point was that when a classic car is totally disassembled, its salable value is not congruent with the invested value. A point the seller may not wish to acknowledge. There are fewer and fewer men who are able and willing to take someone else's project and finish it and pay for the priviledge to do so.
I got what you were saying, Mark. My comment was just more of a general observation. It's been my experience that the only profits to be made on our cars are by the swindlers who do quick surface level cosmetic jobs to hide the realities beneath and pass them along to unsuspecting buyers. Our cars are more of a hobby/love that isn't about profit.

I only wish this would be true in the case of my car! Not sure if that ever is the case. Good for you though!

"Only after it is finished and completely assembled would it be worth the amount invested."

I guess we'll never know then.

I had to go back and look after your comment. Wow. Guess that's why the poster of the ad said something about parts fitment. Time to go see Foose and get that sucker narrowed up, I guess.
No need for Foose...for a 69/70 that about as good of a fit as you could ask for. Wish mine fit that well.

Back