• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

YOM Registration Success!!!

gtscode

Very smooth process had an appt. still waited but in all I was in and out in an hour.

My front plate is rough but she didn't even ask me about it, I saw her double take when she looked at it, she showed it to the supervisor and the supervisor said just photo copy the good plate to send to Sacramento.

Thanks to CrustyCurmudgeon I had a near perfect 67 sticker to go with the plates.

Once I get the final word from Sacramento I will have these plates "restored" ;)

I also retained my personal plates in case I want to add them to another car in the future!

================================

Tomorrow I have an appt. at the local DMV to try to register my car with YOM Black and Yellow plates.

The front plate is rough so I am a bit nervous.

I have the correct stickers and will restore the plates before going on my car but I am worried restored plates could also be a problem registering.

No more GTSCODE plates for now!

Re: Wish me luck - YOM Registration at the DMV on Tuesday

YOU GONNA GET THESE PLATES ? FOR SURE !
GOOD LUCK

Good Luck !! ,my experience with my YOM tag was surprisingly painless over on this side of world. Hope yours goes smooth.

As long as you restore them after your appt with DMV you should be fine. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Play stupid and let them tell you what they need. Then, when you need to straighten them out, do it gently and as if you just stumbled onto the info....."I don't know but is this info any help....huh?" Works a lot and they have no idea you just played them...lol.

I put the update in my first post but it was a very smooth process and I think the person you get and your attitude go along way, I was a nice as I could possible be without being fake!!!

Why not just buy new CA Black plates in the same number you have and keep the 'old' plates old?

"KBMWRS" said:
Why not just buy new CA Black plates in the same number you have and keep the 'old' plates old?

Shhh.....that is what I mean by "restore" in quotes!

"KBMWRS" said:
You they won't sell 'new' to a address in CA.

Have a freind out of state? :eek:mg

Yeah I bought them a few years back in GTSCODE. I am sure I can think of someone to send them to!

Unfortunately, the appointment is the easy part. I had mine the last week of August, and the only thing I've heard so far, is they sent my application fee back.

I've been without a valid registration since the second week in September. Beginning to think it was a big mistake trying to get the California DMV to do anything correctly and going down this road.

Justin, you could have plates sent to my place, and I can just send them on to you.

It's good to have former CA friends in UT, who don't mind bending the rules a bit.

I'm doing that for the new Cat for my daughter's truck.

Mel

Thanks Mel! Very nice offer. I am waiting for the tags from DMV then I will place the order. Likely send them to one of the out of state guys that works for me.

Back