• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

You Asked, Here's Proof That Trouble Has An Engine

Laurie S.

Staff member
Okay, here are some pictures of Trouble's engine installation that we did last week. No, it's not working yet, but it's in there! The last picture actually took place before the others. We had to do a test fit to make sure the oil pan cleared the rack. It did then, but once the C-6 went in, the 390 hits a spot on the rack. I need to either lower the rack or raise the engine.

treng1a.jpg

treng2a.jpg

treng3a.jpg

~ton ~ton ~ton (we dont have a drooling smiley)~thu ~thu Thats purddy......... Just curious though, why not do the pan in black to match? Is that powdercoat on the intake or that new edelbrock line?

Where's the dyno sheet?
Whens the shakedown cruise?
If you raise the motor will it clear the hood?

I didn't want to paint a Cobra T-pan, that seems sacrilegous. Also, the T-pan matches the aluminum finned pan on the C-6. The intake isn't powdercoated, but it sure looks like it. I used Eastwood's high temp satin black paint, and it turned out super. I don't have the dyno sheets right now, but I do remember that the hp was 410 and I believe the torque was 350 ft-pounds consistently. It will be several months before I can fire it up, but I'm hoping that later this year the rumble will return to Tucson. It's Murphy's turn for awhile now.

Thanks guys! I'll get some shots this weekend that show how nice the black engine goes in the blue and gold engine compartment. Much better than before! ;D

Laurie,
The engine might bolt up easier if you took the sheet/blanket out first

Oh hell no. How is he going to warm it up without a blanket. :D

Looks great Laurie. ~thu ~h2 Makes me ready to pull mine out and start working. Not much longer now...

Knowing you, I assume you didn't bother washing the blankets before you put them back on your bed prior to turning out the lights for the night? I mean why wash away all that sweet smellin'.

Engine lift question: Your 2nd pick shows being hooked up to a fancy plate mounted to the top of the carb. What is the purpose of this type of hookup? I can't imagine you putting too much stress in this area. Just to keep the engine level without a tranny cross member installed?

That's an engine lift plate, which we used to move it from the cradle to the hoist. We had to do a test fit before putting the C-6 on, so we also used it for that. While installing it as a unit, the plate got in the way of the chains, so we removed it then. It's a good way to lift an engine, but not when the transmission is also hooked to it.

Neat idea but that still looks like too much stress on the intake. Yes, I'm old and overly cautious.

I'm trying to remove anything gold from the engine bay (other than the stripes, of course). So, the whole engine and other parts in the bay will be black and silver. I even had the front sway bar chromed in a brushed finish. It does look cool. :)

My neighbor works for an aircraft bolt manufacturing facility... with a plating shop, which I just found out. He can plate anything for me. Though they don't do chrome. I believe he said one is nickel cadmium (?) which is like polished aluminum.

SOOO..... I got a truckload of parts going to his shop shortly. First I'm going to do my 1 piece export brace / montr carlo bar in the nickel. Should be sweet.

Did I mention for free of course...? LoL - I just have to wire up a new termostat to control an exhaust fan in his garage.

"Laurie S." said:
So, the whole engine and other parts in the bay will be black and silver.

I'm hearing the evil voice of Al Davis...

BTW, I used a plate attached to the intake manifold to put Midlife's engine/tranny combo in the car:

enginegoingin.jpg

Back