• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

You tell me where it is safe----

Flysure1

I have gone to south Mexico for vacation the past couple of winters_(south of Cancun) and I have had people tell me I am crazy for going there because of the violence in Mexico. Gee, how about a movie theatre in Colorado? That should be safe right, after all we are in the U.S.A. right,14 dead--50 wounded. there are some real sicko's right here at home, I do not have the answer but something has to be done to curb the gamelike violence some of the nuts are bringing to life! I remember how they stopped college protests, it was cold and ruthless but Kent state was the turning point. I hope someone finds the answer and soon.

From what I read, he came in through an emergency door, with a shotgun, rifle, and a few pistols. Aren't emergency doors locked and can only be opened from the inside? Accomplice in the theater?

Or he went in unarmed, left through the emer door and stuck something in it to prevent shutting then returned armed---should have set off alarm unless he disabled it---A piece of duct tape across the latch might let it close without locking and stop the alarm when it shut??

"Flysure1" said:
Or he went in unarmed, left through the emer door and stuck something in it to prevent shutting then returned armed---should have set off alarm unless he disabled it---A piece of duct tape across the latch might let it close without locking and stop the alarm when it shut??
Lay the guns, etc. on the ground just outside the door. Go in the front, buy a ticket march into the theater, go to the exit door, open it grab guns and start shooting. An alarm would have zero affect on the outcome. He's guns a-blazing before anyone could even investigate the door opening. Besides, guess who would go check it out? A teenage usher (my son is one) looking for other teens helping friends sneak in.

People wanting to do crazy things will find it quite easy. We need to stop "glamorizing" it with 24/7 news coverage, etc.

I used to run a theater and people would come in and let there friends in the exits. Most of them didn't have alarms on them. Maybe they do now, but back them they were just exits people could use anytime.

It would be all to easy to leave the guns outside the back door and prop it open to get back in.

And the media is trying to spin this crap every way but true. Instead they make assumptions, point fingers, and place blame. Just report the damn news and shut up.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
And the media is trying to spin this crap every way but true. Instead they make assumptions, point fingers, and place blame. Just report the damn news and shut up.

Obviously its the movie's fault. No one was ever shot at the theater when they went to see the Purple Rose Cairo. :sarc

Piers Morgan (a Brit) has already made a call for gun control.

What kills me about this tragedy is the number of children that were in the theater for a midnight showing. From what I read there was a 6 month old baby was in the theater! :wtf

"fmcm65a" said:
What kills me about this tragedy is the number of children that were in the theater for a midnight showing. From what I read there was a 6 month old baby was in the theater! :wtf
Don't forget, we live in a society where many of those kids parents are just kids themselves. Kids are not known to always make the wisest of decisions.

Having written that, I took my daughter to a midnight preview showing of Jurassic Park way back when. It was a very special treat for her to be able to tell all her friends and such that she had been one of the first to see it. Of course, that movie is not the "dark" genre like the new Batman movie. Young kids probably have no business seeing it period*.

*I am assuming lots of violence, etc.

At least in Mexico we know where the violence is most likely to be and we can go to the safe areas, like where I live.

Re: Re: You tell me where it is safe----

"Laurie S." said:
At least in Mexico we know where the violence is most likely to be and we can go to the safe areas, like where I live.

Contact Eric Holder. He'd like to know of these safe areas.

My house is safe. Upon entering the property be ready for a full body search. (slips on rubber gloves) :roll

I pratice gun control.... It means using both hands to hit your target. :guns

When the stormtroopers come to take away my firearms, I have a nice surprise for them too. :skul

"Mach1Rider" said:
My house is safe. Upon entering the property be ready for a full body search. (slips on rubber gloves) :roll

I pratice gun control.... It means using both hands to hit your target. :guns

When the stormtroopers come to take away my firearms, I have a nice surprise for them too. :skul

DHS has been notified and will "contacted" you shortly.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Contact Eric Holder. He'd like to know of these safe areas.

He's an idiot.

"Horseplay" said:
How long before the talk starts about the shooter being the "victim"?

As soon as they find out he's a registered democrat.

Back