• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

You Tube is my friend

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Our clothes dryer just died. Would not startup. Wife and I agreed that we've had it long enough and maybe it was best to just replace it. Then I started thinking (WHAT? ME?) that what if it was a simple repair?

Went on You Tube and punched in Clothes Dryer wont start and immediately found a video of someone trying to sell a troubleshooting CD for dryers but did say the typical item that causes this sort of symptom is the fuse down by the vent tube. Put a meter to it, if you get no reading disconnect the two wires going to the fuse and connect them together. Then try firing up the dryer.

DIIIAAAMMMMM!! It works.

Wife went down to the local appliance store and spent a whopping $12. Her loving husband will install the fuse tonight and walk away with.........more Mustang moola.

Very nice, congratulations on finding the fix for the dryer on you tube.

Usually all I find is girls trying to teach naughty dance lessons. LoL

You have to love not just You Tube but the internet as a whole. I spent a decade or so as a field service technician working on industrial equipment so I feel I can troubleshoot and repair most anything around the house. I usually can but honestly, why bother. A quick Google can generally point me to the problem and even give me a variety of service parts sources faster than I could locate my Fluke and remove the first access panel of an appliance.

Just last month my dishwasher had a problem. Googled it, confirmed it and ordered the part in minutes. Got the repair part at a third the cost it would have been local. Part arrived two days later and it was back in business. Too easy.

Yep, same thing here. I recently purchased an older Explorer for my grandson. Had a power window not working. A quick search for the explorer power window and I found the problem, 10 different locations to buy the part, plus detailed instructions on the repair. So simple I was able to instruct my grandson in the replacement job too. ! hour time....

"AzPete" said:
Yep, same thing here. I recently purchased an older Explorer for my grandson. Had a power window not working. A quick search for the explorer power window and I found the problem, 10 different locations to buy the part, plus detailed instructions on the repair. So simple I was able to instruct my grandson in the replacement job too. ! hour time....

Ford power window issues are usually solved by simply holding the button while slamming the door. Works almost every time. Learned that one with my 02 GT. Yep, Google search turned up that quick fix. Once every few months I would have to employ it. Never failed. :)

Already solved that one with the drivers door.....bad connection on the one touch control left hanging on the wire. This one was a motor that had stripped the plastic internal gears.

"Horseplay" said:
You have to love not just You Tube but the internet as a whole.

A couple of weeks ago, my saltwater swimming pool's chlorine generator cell failed. A quick Google search showed that it's a common problem with the brand of equipment I have, and how to fix it. I removed the circuit board, soldered the fried connection and all is well. Saved $600 by not having to replace the overpriced board.

"AzPete" said:

You should let the PO know of what you did, just to rub salt in the wound for selling the car so cheap.

"Midlife" said:
You should let the PO know of what you did, just to rub salt in the wound for selling the car so cheap.

Now that would be down right wrong.....or would it? Hmmmm

Back