• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

05 headrest on a 67-68 Seat??

S8NS 289

Do you think a headrest off an 05-09 mustang would look good on a 67-8 seat? I know its angled a bit,, I was thinking of putting a shelby cover over it with the 67 deluxe leather and badge, what do you think?

yes, what are the lower seats out of~ those are nice!!! in answer to you question, I think they would look nice, but do you have headrests already? maybe you could have someone hold them up and take a photo to give you an idea of whether you'd like them or not.
dne'

thanks dne, good advise if anyone should like the seats i guess it should be me, southern boy the black seats are SCAT elites recovered with 67 leather,foam and the original chrome badges, i did not build these seats but i thought they looked good.

I'm a bit indifferent. The early seat backs were basically square, so you'd have a square seatback with a square headrest. The 05+ seats taper up as you get to the headrest, so the top of the seat isn't as bulky and the lines flow better with that headrest. This may be a situation where you just hold it up and snap a picture to see what it looks like, either that or work some Photoshop magic.

"S8NS 289" said:
thanks dne, good advise if anyone should like the seats i guess it should be me, southern boy the black seats are SCAT elites recovered with 67 leather,foam and the original chrome badges, i did not build these seats but i thought they looked good.

Any idea how to get a pair used?

There's a pair on fleabay now asking $35/pr. Item number: 170556257560

or go to your local JY and buy a pair off a wrecked car, you may find the color you want that way.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
There's a pair on fleabay now asking $35/pr. Item number: 170556257560

or go to your local JY and buy a pair off a wrecked car, you may find the color you want that way.
Jon

I am actually talking about the bottom set of seats. The Black seats. I want a pair for my Mach 1.

Personally, I'm not too keen on those flat platform looking headrests for a 67-68 seat. I as well as Fast68back went with TMI's Sport's headrests. Just an option.

4_15_09_10_1_57_36_2.JPG

Back