• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1952 F1: The Garage Roommate

Select from the following six options, derived from two basic designs w/ colors and options.

• A

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • B

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • C

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Will you have to hang your head out the window like a dog while you’re driving to see past that monstrosity of an engine?

Mark
Much of the work of late has been to find a way to get the engine to fit UNDER the hood. Silly as it sounds, the real problem I had with it sticking through the hood was that it didn't stand up taller. When final assembly was possible and accurate measurements made (short of having the actual front clip installed) the results indicated that basically the air cleaners would be all that protruded. Not nearly enough to look "cool" and deal with all the headaches having an exposed engine causes. I could add in some velocity stacks or carbs spacers to raise things a bit more but not really my thing. I decided I would rather find a way to shrink it a few inches and get it under the hood.

So to that end I'm making new engine mounts/stands to drop things a bit. Likely have to modify the front crossmember as well. Oil pan is really close.