• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1965/68 vs 1969/70 heater motor

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Ive started working on my '70 Mach and one of the easier things to restore is the heater box. I need to find another heater blower motor and Id prefer an OE unit that is still operable but Ive been comparing the repro units and I dont like the look of the case for the 69/70 units. The case for the 65/68 units looks more like the OE motor for my Mach but Im insure if I cause one since the motor is a three speed. I dont recall and havent checked the MPC but is the 69/70 motor also three speeds? Would it be reasonable to assume I could use the earlier motor if it bolts up and I can wire it in? Or . . . if someone has a spare OE 69/70 motor theyd sell me.

The 69 has three speeds, but its done with resistors to slow it down- the motor is actually 1 speed (one wire into the motor and one wire out), as opposed to motors with three windings to produce three different speeds, and have 4 wires going into them. It must have been cheaper to do it this way.
Its shown at the top of the page on the schematic:
s9fUTU6.png

Last edited:
Back