• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1965 Fastback C code survivor

Dan416

12-28-2018 10-05-49 PM.jpg Hello, I am new to this forum but not new to Mustangs. I have had many over the years, from coupes to fastbacks. I would consider my self a Ford and Mopar guy. This is my first time posting and I hope you guys have a few thoughts. I recently stumbled across a car that when I looked at it I was just shocked of the condition. It has very little history with it but when looking at the body it must have been stored in an climate controlled building for all its live. It is all original with very good original paint and absolutely no rust anywhere, like new interior all original and no rips or tears. 65 Fastback, black on black with AC. The pictures are from when I picked it up so nothing was cleaned up. I am currently rebuilding the motor and tranny, it was sitting for decades. I try to leave it all stock as much as just possible. What kind of value would you put to a car like this? I am not trying to sell the car on this forum but i cannot find a original car to compare and want to know if anybody has a similar car?

Attachments

• 12-28-2018 10-08-00 PM.jpg
    12-28-2018 10-08-00 PM.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 12-28-2018 10-09-16 PM.jpg
    12-28-2018 10-09-16 PM.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 12-28-2018 10-09-44 PM.jpg
    12-28-2018 10-09-44 PM.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 26
In my opinion its hard to tell cause 20 years ago it would bring top dollar but things are changed and noweday mustangs must have hidden mods or even modified to bring some dollar. Only the elder people apreciate those kind of cars but are of a dying breed.
They are out their but the people who would pay top dollars for it are slim.
FWIW

True unrestored Mustangs command high prices but to a very limited audience: $45k and up. You are best directed to the www.concoursmustang.com forum where these guys go nuts over this kind of car. To get this price, do not change any part on the car, as the original condition, parts, and assembly methods are what of interest.

One thing to keep in mind is that the car is over 50 years old. A lot can happen over five decades including a restoration. I would go over the car with a fine tooth comb looking for any and all of the "little things" which would verify its originality. My car was found in the south and virtually rust free. Could easily have fooled most into thinking it original but it had undergone a restoration in the 80's.

Like others said, its a smaller group these days who covet original cars like yours. Outside of something more unique like a Shelby or even a true K-code bigger money goes for updated, modernized "resto-mod cars. More people want a car they can drive and enjoy more than park and look at. And that's a good thing!

Nice find and car btw! Keep the pics coming.

Indeed a nice stock looking Mustang 2+2. Although more info would be nice...engine?

I'm not savvy to 64-66 but should the underside be black? You say you have had Mustangs before...so you know where to look for hidden damage or rust.

I follow the collector market and you and us here think we have some great cars but market wise not so much. If ALL original as Midlife said maybe 45+. And the market is now into barn finds with patina...and original. So don't wash it or clean it....just investigate its originality first.

Anyone know if that AC came as an option?

Hello all,
thanks for the replies to my post. Not sure if I would say that only the elder people appreciate non restored survivor cars, I am in my late 30's but I would definitely rather have a original car rather than a restored or restomod car. But that is all just taste as we know and I will never judge someones preference. They are only original once!.
I have looked the car over so many times and I am sure it is original, I see original PAINT OK stamps still on top of fenders, original spare tire and tools etc...
Not sure what engine info you want to know, it has around 87K miles on it, AC is surely original and not aftermarket, power steering.
Do you guys know where the motors back then painted black or not painted at all or painted very poorly? Very little paint is left after washing motor, heads and intake. Wondering what a new factory motor even looked like.
I will leave it all as is, not paint a think to keep it stock.

Back