• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1965 light switch removal

abrahamfh

Time to remove the light switch from the dash, whats say we get started. Before you begin, as always, please make sure and disconnect your battery when dealing with anything electrical. Also, keep in mind that this procedure could very well vary from year to year, or even within the same year. (I guess ford sometimes used different equipment during different times of the model year, WTF?) This particular procedure is for Fred my 1965 Mustang.

IMG_7669.jpg

I started out by pulling the switch knob half ways out.

IMG_7672.jpg

As you can see in this photograph, I have highlighted the famous release button. Press this button in and you can pull the switch knob all the way out.

IMG_7686-1.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

Now find a wide flat head screwdriver and unscrew the cylinder until it detaches fully from the switches main body. Once this step is done you can now remove the switches main body out from behind the dash. Hooray!

IMG_7688.jpg

What it looks like once it has been removed.

IMG_7696-2.jpg

What the switch looks like assembled. As can be seen here, you can get a better look at where the release button is located on the switches main body.

IMG_7699.jpg

IMG_7698.jpg

Back