• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1965 palamino interior question

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Im changing the interior color of my coupe from white w/ black appointments to palamino. I believe that there are a few parts that are black. Can anyone name the pieces and their colors for me? I think the carpet and dash pad are black.

Items to be black:

Carpet
Dash pad
Short floor console

Items to be palamino:
Seats
Headliner
Dash
Doors
Door panels
A-pillars
Steering column
Reae seat panels
Package tray

Did I forget anything?

(Kick panels)

Rick,

Im new here . . . what is Craig's user ID?

The color/items arent chiseled in stone but I am trying to use readily available replacement parts. I may even have leather seat covers made. My body shop owner did that on a 65 convertible (black w/ palamino deluxe) and it looked AWESOME. It was a cost-no-object resto too. Im pretty sure Im going to stick with a standard interior.

Here is a old photograph Craig had loaded up in his gallery. Its a really great combination to have a dark exterior and that palomino interior.

I must say Shag really looks great.

Oh yeah, before I forget, welcome to the FIX.

Abe:

I'm pretty sure that Craig's interior is the '68 version of "parchment" which does differ in tone from the '67 version.

"JeffTepper" said:
Abe:

I'm pretty sure that Craig's interior is the '68 version of "parchment" which does differ in tone from the '67 version.

Me thinks you are absolutely correct Jeff.

Hey Mach1Mark, how about going the parchment route, LoL! Sorry for the misleading color matching photograph of Shag.

Palamino and parchment are very close in shade IIRC. Palamino is the early version of parchment which was the name used in '67-68 (I think). My coupe has been vintage burgundy since new and I really like the color. I dont know why it took me so long to decide to change the interior to palamino, I think it will look AWESOME against the V.B.

If I am picturing the setup in my mind correctly of the vintage Burgundy exterior and Palomino interior, it should look really great. The contrast between the two should be a real eye pleaser.

Back