• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1966 Coupe Sheet Metal Purchase Help

AzNick

My '66 Coupe is ready for the body work and paint, and I need to buy some sheet metal.

1) I need to replace the taillight panel. I would also like to replace the front and rear valances. Who has the best sheet metal for sale? I do not want offshore parts. I have seen quite a bit NOS/OEM pieces, but I am not sure if it worth the extra money.

The rear end is being rebuilt right now...seals, cylinders, ring/pinion, and that is the last of the mechanical work.

Thanks.

As much as things change, call the different parts houses and ask what they sell. What was carried when someone else bought may not be what is carried a few months later. Some offer good and better parts from what I remember.

Pete! Nice to see you again....been busy over here....work 20month old boy and we have a 5week old girl.

Mustang is coming around...looking forward to hopefully having the body, paint, and interior done over the winter and spring.

With those kids, you have been busy. Me......quit work and have not looked back. Out of the classics for now....to many pains to keep tinkering but one never knows what may come up someday.

Sounds like the car is moving along nice.

Where its an option, choose the Ford Tooling body panels. I know the 65-66 tail light panel is available in ford tooling.

Back