• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1966 mustang rolling shell $800

napaguy

Well folks the time has come for me to lose my ass in a major way...1966 mustang coupe bare rolling shell. It has all new v8 suspension up front with roller perches, 620 springs, arning drop etc. It has new professionally installed rear frame rails, trunk floors, rear crossmember, bumper brackets, quarter panel patches etc. There is absolutley no rust on this entire car. It was put on a rotissirie and blasted.

The upper and lower cowl has been removed as well as the radiator support and front aprons. They were removed because I didnt weld them in right the first go round not because of accident damage or rust. The floor pans are 98% original and are totally rust free. The car was lightly blasted and is currently bare. It has a 4 lug rear but I will include a nice 8 inch minus the axles.

I have one front apron and the radiator support that will go with the car. The doors are very nice and rust free as is the one fender I have. The steering is connected and it rolls easily so transport will be easy. I have a clear title in my name. I will throw in a bunch of extra parts as well.

800 cash

I hate to do it but it must go so if you are really interested call me and lets talk 509-250-6100

Please no heavy breathers, chicks wanting to date me or people that have nothing better to do than collect pictures on the "intranet".

The car is and always has been stored indoors in my basement

Re: 1966 mustang rolling shell

"Fast68back" said:
Price? Pictures? and how the #$%* do you get it out of the basement?

I can get it out of the basement no problem...Its not so much a basement like you might be thinking...more of a bunker that is as big as my house.

Price? I really dont know...I was hoping for 1500 with the doors and the one nice fender? Dont really know but it needs to go

Not that it matters but I have 2k plus in metal work and that didnt include the sheet metal itself.

I dont even want to think of the hours and money I have dumped into it :cry

Kat! Kat! here is what you need! Transfer your usable parts to a rust free body!

"tarafied1" said:
Kat! Kat! here is what you need! Transfer your usable parts to a rust free body!

Yep agreed 100% this would be a perfect candidate

darn it. I was just thinking I wanted to do a 66 when the 65 was done and the 67 had some updates done. timing is bad.

Since I have a coupe and a fastback, I think the next one will be a vert or a 66 with roadster...

Mel

Pics are in the craigslist ad I referenced

I would also be willing to set up payments as long as the car was paid in full before it leaves

Hmm what if I sent ya $50 a month... I might be able to pay it off and the shipping to Texas one day.... before I die. :lol

It's all in how you market it. I'd advertise it as a resto-project just waiting for one of those new Coyote/modular engines. All it needs is one of those inexpensive MII suspension kits and...
You'll probably get a lot more interest and probably a higher dollar.

It really is a great candidate for such a project with the front framework needing to be addressed anyway. Just a thought.

"guruatbol" said:
$50 a month is 18 months....

Mel
hmmm.... that looks like a great shell. If I had the money, I'd buy it for ya Kat!
3n53o33p05V15Y35U3a94d2f785a03eb31428.jpg

It is a great shell...if I cant get 800 for it by next July I have a plan....I am going to slap it together and use 5 gallons of bondo to make it look like a show car from 100 ft and enter it in our annual demo derby. The shock value of thousands of people seeing a near perfect 66 mustang enter the arena would be well worth my 800 dollar asking price....no kidding :10

"guruatbol" said:
Well, if 18 of us forked over $50 we could give it to Kat.

I'm in for $50...

Mel

as sweet and generous that idea is, I don't think I'd feel right about it. :craz

Back