• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Coupe WDT

S8NS 289

Hello everyone, im new to any website mustang forum, i guess a forum virgin?? i picked up a 1968 coupe when i was 15 for 800 bucks it had a running 289 and a C4 that leaked,,just wanted to drive it the way it was rusty quarter panels rat dive interior, baby blue paint and a black top, but it seems when you have a classic mustang everyone else picks at the flaws even if they drive a 1982 civic, so i rushed through a half crack restoration painted the car candy apple blue and fooled alot of people but couldnt stand the thought of my springs coming through the trunk ect. ect. i managed to smoke a deer and have my girl leave me at the same night, with no woman i was able to spend money on my MUSTANG :$$$ which is good anyway im gonna go through the car as much as i can afford, i work on the road so my time is what kills the progress,, any advise is VERY appreciated!! and feel free to rip on me too im not a touchy person, but i love to touchy a person.
P.S. WDT stands for wisconsin death trip, when i bought it the seller asked if i had a trailor i said ''no, im drivin it home'', he said ''if you wanna take that death trip, go ahead'' hence wisconsin death trip.

okay, pulled the 289,C4 got the car stripped down right now rusty battery tray got cut out as well as the bent radiator support

the seat bases are cut out as well as the floor, the trunk floors have are ready to be pulled and right before i left for work today a shipment of parts came so this is where im at right now.

glad to see some pics of this baby! you got your hands full but I've seen worse! It's gonna be cool

been a while since i posted havin trouble puttin pics up see if i figured it out i guess?, got some welding done been really slow goin though, the rear frame,trunk floor and trunk base are new and welded.

S1051908.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And, the pass. side torque box,frame rail,toe board,floor pan...drivers side is almost finished, i have to cut the seat pans an inch, its hard to imagine to cut the GREAT quality American steel they sent me though.
S1051906.jpg

S1051913.jpg

S1051914.jpg

S1051915.jpg

and the next picture is just for fun untill i have somthing new to post,, tattoo., everyone thought i was a moron for doing it, but it was the greatest thing i have ever done. people tell me about there project's and where they know old mustangs are sitting, hehehe. :pbj
S1051927.jpg

might as well break some ice with a vote......do you think these type of gauges would be too corny???, im working about to order my whole interior in one swipe, goin with brushed aluminum, and black,, made this speedo design thought about using a sticker and fabbing the lenses to erase the chrome center, what ya think??.
ddgghg.jpg

i think i could live without it.... have u checked into the white overlay stickers on the gauges? Cheapest way to go if you want white gauges.... just my opinion, probably not worth much though!

thanks for the comment, i really like the old style numbers with black gauges, maybe i should just leave stock gauges alone. i was bored enough to make a matching tach.
[imghttp://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/78cobra2/l9811137ccdcd.jpg][/img]

Depends on the car and matching pieces, but I can see those gauges working. I kinda like them.
Bill

got some work done today it was a balmy -13 degees :roul still have a TON of grinding/sandblasting to do then ready for POR-15& raptor bedliner. :pbj
S1052014.jpg

S1052025.jpg

Does anyone know any info-feedback on this carb?, its an AFB aluminum four barrel??, Carter i dont even know the CFM, was on the car when purchased seemed to start/run just fine, Also if you see the Hoist Fairy send that skank my way. :shrug
S1052036.jpg

S1052037.jpg

S1052040.jpg

Gotta love this tropical Wisconsin weather. :rant
I was out working on the Mustang yesterday and ran out of propane half way through.
Damn, it got cold quick.

Harbor freight has a coupon for a Hoist for $99.

Back