• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2000 Mustang GT

Kats66Pny

Posting this for my boss. This is his Mustang. Well one of them. This is the mustang my husband drove to the car show when I drove the vette (and won 1st place for it).
This is a super sexy Mustang! :thu I would have bought it myself but (1.) Its a stick. lol

2000 Bright Atlantic Blue Mustang GT, asking $10,000 or best offer, you won't find a cleaner one anywhere - period.

The oil pump went out when my wife was driving it so I bought a brand new longblock and replaced everything. Engine comes with paperwork and 100,000 mile warranty. I have put about 1000 miles on it since I got the car back.

Body has 135,000 miles

Engine is NEW

Trans rebuilt around + - 20,000 miles ago

Spec Stage 3 clutch

Build rear end - 3.73 gears, 31 spline axels

Full 2003 Cobra Brakes

2003 Cobra Interior

2003 Cobra front bumper and sideskirts

Granitelli K-member with coilovers

Koni Yellow adjustable shocks on all 4 corners

Grey Anthracite FR500's 17x9 and 17x10.5 - 2 brand new tires up front

Full exhaust - sounds awesome. I even have a set of new long tubes that can go with the car.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff, just send me a text if you have any questions. I have way more money in it than what I'm asking. I am pretty motivated to move this, so bring me an offer and we'll see what we can work out.

Title in hand.

979-57one-5O87

- car has 2003 Cobra front bumper and fogs now.

Stang1.jpg

Stang2.jpg

Stang3.jpg

Stang4.jpg

Stang5.jpg

Stang6.jpg

Stang7.jpg

Stang8.jpg

Stang9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The photo's were actually take by the previous owner whose name is Kat as well. I believe it's the same lady who took the picture of Craigs mustang on the power tour last year.

900141437_GdqHs-L.jpg

It's a nice car with some tasteful mods but well overpriced. Do some searching and you'll find PLENTY of as nice or nicer comps to be had for less.

The body has 133k miles. The engine is brand new with less than 1k miles on it and still under 100k warranty.... which is why the asking price of 10k.

"Kats66Pny" said:
The body has 133k miles. The engine is brand new with less than 1k miles on it and still under 100k warranty.... which is why the asking price of 10k.
Kat,

The "body" wears out too ya know. Banks would value the car based on its year of make and mileage. The new engine will not figure into their calculation to any extent. That leaves it to the buyer to throw down enough cash to make up the difference. That or just pay cash. A cash buyer could find plenty of sweeter deals but I doubt the buyer of this type of car is a cash buyer anyway.

Let's say a bank will give someone a loan for the max book value of the car (less a 10% down-payment). Using the earlier KBB value of $6500, that means they'd loan $5850 for the car. Let's say your boss agrees to an "actual" sale price of $9500. By the time the buyer pays the tax on the sale and the fees and licensing (I don't know TX numbers) he would be plunking down somewhere in the neighborhood of $4500-$5000 to buy the car. That's a whole lot of cash for a late teen early 20-something to be holding. Let alone be handing over to get a car payment.

Let's say your boss agrees to an "actual" sale price of $9500. By the time the buyer pays the tax on the sale and the fees and licensing (I don't know TX numbers) he would be plunking down somewhere in the neighborhood of $4500-$5000 to buy the car.

There is no tax or other fees. This is his mustang.. one of his personal cars. Not a car lot car. There's no tax/fees. If someone offered him $9500 to buy the car and he accepted the offer.. then that is what the buyer would pay. $9500.

Oh and its listed on LoneStarStangs. He posted it there and so I copied/pasted his ad.
http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/200 ... 67332.html

"Kats66Pny" said:
There is no tax or other fees. This is his mustang.. one of his personal cars. Not a car lot car. There's no tax/fees. If someone offered him $9500 to buy the car and he accepted the offer.. then that is what the buyer would pay. $9500.

Oh and its listed on LoneStarStangs. He posted it there and so I copied/pasted his ad.
http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/200 ... 67332.html
Doesn't the buyer still have to pay tax on the sale when they title it and register for plates? I can't imagine the state doesn't get their cut.

Its like $28 or so for title transfer, registration/plates/inspection it already has, and for tax... dunno but I can guess it's WAY less than if you buy a car from a lot where there is a 6.25% sales tax and other fees that have to be paid at the time of sale.

Whoever bought this car wouldn't buy it to be a daily driver. It's not a very comfortable ride with the suspension it has. He built it up to be a track toy. He's selling it because he has another Mustang toy now and said he doesn't need both toys. Who the heck wouldn't want multiple Mustangs to play with? :shrug

Took me a few to find it.. this is his new toy. Its been off the road for a long time and a friend of his was rebuilding it all and just recently it got finished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9cY8C6YVw

pfft.. I get nothing. The money would go directly into his hands not mine. I'd never see a dime. lol

Interior pictures

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 9
  • photo.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo2.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 4
Texas= 6.25% sales tax due from the buyer regardless if it's a dealer or individual selling the car. (edit: unless the buyer is a licensed dealer)

Back