• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

great idea. I usually book hotels using my points (I travel a lot) so I pick them based on optimizing my points so I don't have to pay for hotels. A couple of the stops aren't listed yet but we can start with what we know.

and I was going to save that pic for the cars with boobs COTM contest.... :rant

Craig, All the stops are now listed for the PT. I'm really leaning toward doing the PT, I just have to make that first move and book some rooms.

This year will be great! I have done it by myself two years, it will be nice to have mates at the stops or on the road!

"LSTCUP" said:
doh! so lets start a list of recommended hotels for each stop and book'em!
okay, booked all my hotel stays. here is my list:

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
27355 Cabaret Drive
Novi, MI

The Holiday Inn in Muskegon

Candlewood Suites
CHAMPAIGN-URBANA UNIV AREA
1917 MORELAND BLVD
CHAMPAIGN, IL 61822
Front Desk: 217-398-1000

Hampton Inn Collinsville
7 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL
United States, 62234
618-346-4400

Hampton Inn Miami
115 Deacon Turner Road
Miami, OK
United States, 74354
Tel: 1 918-541-1500

Hampton Inn & Suites Stillwater
717 East Hall of Fame Avenue
Stillwater, OK
United States, 74075
Tel: 1 405-743-1306

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
2401 East Road to Six Flags
Arlington, TX
United States, 76011
Tel: 1 817-633-1594

I am now registered. We will meet the HRPT in Miami, OK. (Wed. 06/06/2011) We are going to leave Allen, TX on Tuesday (06/05/2011) for the trip up. That way we will be in Miami to watch all the cars roll in the next day.

Does anyone else want to join us?

I need to start looking into hotels soon. :thu
Not sure what our plan is now. We are putting our house on the market in March or April. Hoping to be out of Wisconsin soon. If we end up moving in May or June I may not make it again this year. I plan on booking hotels just to be safe and if I need to I can cancel them.

I want to go bad! Have to find a way to make it work. I may have to do the power tour in a uhaul. :roll

WOOOOWWWW , that must be awesome !!!!!
I did laugh when I saw your listing of fuelstops.Craig.
Not the fact that you did it quite often ( you had good reason to it ) but the fact of the fuel price or the amount you had to pay for it.
You should have know how much you had to pay when the Power Tour had taken place in Europe.
I think your gas money had to be multiply by three !!!!
Anyway , it must be great to do the whole traject.

BTW thanks for " power tour 2011 " windowsticker.!!!!!

your welcome for the sticker my friend. If you want to go, I will save room in the hotel each night but you might have to ride in the back seat! I won't make you pay for any fuel either!

Don't make it harder as it is for me , Craig !!!!!
But thanks for the offer.
Have fun out there while you at it.

"B67FSTB" said:
You can also hitch a ride with me once Julie and I join the tour. I am sure you you will have enough Stangfixer invites that you could ride with someone new every day!

Craig, Maybe your better half would like to ride with Julie one leg (in the AC) and I could hitch a ride with you!

Re: Re: 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"B67FSTB" said:

Just fly into Detroit and I'm sure there will be plenty of us to ride with.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Hey Craig, who's going with you this year?
with me in my car? My 14 year old has said he is going this year... my wife of course and Bruno is coming from Belgium. Well maybe not Bruno but he is welcome and he could probably ride in a different Mustang each day!
And your coming too with your car right?

No, I will be driving a uhaul. lol :steer

I sure I hope I will be there. Not sure If my wife is coming or not. Might be on my own.
She was ok with going last year because we were only doing about 3 or 4 days of it. If I want to do the long haul I would have to keep the top up for her. :roll

Well John and Lori are doing the tail end, Rick said he might show up at the end as well and maybe Kat too. LarryG is thinking really hard about the long haul but I'm sure he will do at least some of it.

Hi Craig, Have you made any more hotel reservations? I've been reading that a couple of the cities are all booked up. I'm being one of those procrastinators, I haven't made any.

Back