• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2013s.....

dodgestang

2013 Mustang GT versus 2013 Mustang Boss 302 (not the leguna spec option). 420hp vs 440hp....Boss has brembos, adjustable shocks, recarro seats, and obviously...stickers. Both have the same 6 speed manual...is there really enough difference to account for the 12-15k premium price and dealers who won't move from MSRP?

They are basically the same car with the options you mentioned. Different intake which allows the Boss to rev higher and that is where it picks up the extra horse... above 6500 rpm.

Bill

I think it really depends on your plans for the car. As a daily driver the GT is great. As a weekend track car, the BOSS would fit the bill a bit better. There is not a real big difference to the average driver other than name....and looks.

I can get the boss in school bus yellow though ;)

Anyone think there is any long term value in one versus another? This is one of the reason the dealers won't move from MSRP (the limited nature of the b302 model).

Plus it comes with a cool key I think.

My dealer has a school bus yellow boss on the floor. It did not have a back seat, only a Shelby like tray. Thought about picking it up for my company car....he was willing to deal $5k off sticker. No back seat would make it difficult to haul customer around.

"kb3" said:
My dealer has a school bus yellow boss on the floor. It did not have a back seat, only a Shelby like tray. Thought about picking it up for my company car....he was willing to deal $5k off sticker. No back seat would make it difficult to haul customer around.

Without the backseat is the Laguna (spell?) Seca model....carries a 6k premium. I have actually been kicking around maybe a 2012 with that package instead of brand new since they are roughly the same price (mid 40s)....but I really like the school bus yellow and the stripes in 2013 versus 2012.

How long did it take for any current classic to be worth serious money? Now, how long will the plastic in these cars last if not preserved in an airtight storage? I doubt any BOSS that is driven at all will last to become a real classic as we know them....plus we will all be gone.

Get what you want and drive it....

Our club prez. has a 2013 B302, 'track key', race computer, etc. He just did the Boss track experience, which I believe is included in purchase of the car (minus your airfare I guess) and he had a ball and really learned what the car can do that he hadn't discovered yet. Add to that the dual exh. system with full exh. and cutouts you can swap between...
Here's an article he wrote for our newsletter in Nov. of his track experience, I can link to the article with pics (only part I didn't copy):
Jon

Most of you know that at the beginning of June I took delivery of a 2013 Boss 302. One of the perks of owning a new Boss 302 is that you get a free day of performance driving school from Ford Racing at Miller Motorsports Park outside Salt Lake City. This event is called the Boss Track Attack. In a word it was outstanding. Ray joined me as a driving guest and our adventure started with our flight into Salt Lake City. Monday morning started with us at Miller Motorsports Park at 7:30 am. Our morning was filled with both classroom instruction and driving exercises. I was assigned a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca and Ray was in a 2006 Mustang GT converted to a full blown race car. We did lead-follow with our instructors, got to slide around in a skid car, and learned heal-tow down shifting.

At mid-day we were served a very nice lunch and got to hang out and watch original Ford racing films from the 60's. After our lunch break we had more classroom instruction and driving exercises. However this time we had both in-car instructors and then solo laps. At the end of the day we got out of the driver

Copy paste limit got me:
and the instructors then took us for some hot laps around the race course. This is when we learned how much we really don't know about going fast around a race track. Each of the instructors are professional race drivers with years of experience and they really push the cars to the limits.

We ended the day with our graduation ceremony where we received some special gifts. The Boss own-ers each get a trophy made out of a real Boss 302 piston and connecting rod. The driving guests get a nice framed picture of the Mustang GT race car they were driving. As I said at the beginning of this article the whole program was outstanding. The instruction was top notch and the facility was amazing. If you find yourself in the Salt Lake City area, you should plan a visit to Miller Motorsports Park to visit the museum and maybe sign-up for a high performance driving school.

Ok, I give up, I've tried for half an hour to paste this article, it won't take it from PDF in pieces or Word in pieces, I tried posting it to my photobucket but it won't since it's not a video or pic. Can I link from my desktop? I'll try that. Maybe I can post it to the SF hosted link?
Jon

The dealer just told me I couldn't come look at it....because they sent it to the body shop because of scratches in the door and don't have an ETA. :(

I finally got the details out of the dealer....vandalism :(

Someone keyed the boss driver side front to back. Over 2k repair bill and car is still at body shop. Requires replacement of boss stickers too. I don't think I'm will to buy a car that's been keyed :(

"dodgestang" said:
I finally got the details out of the dealer....vandalism :(

Someone keyed the boss driver side front to back. Over 2k repair bill and car is still at body shop. Requires replacement of boss stickers too. I don't think I'm will to buy a car that's been keyed :(

The collector value on that particular car just crashed.....no longer will it have "original, factory paint". I would love to catch the jerks that do those sorts of things. Vandals and thieves are the lowest people in my book. :guns

I know this one is old but missed it when it was active. No one has mentioned one very big difference with the Boss model. The engine. Full forged bottom end. Built to rev to up to 7500 rpm red line. It's also got a different "power band" that loves to run at higher rpms than the standard Coyote.

It's also got a quad exhaust. There is a smaller diameter pipe that exists at the rear of the door on either side so you can hear it "sing".

If you've got the money to spend I'd say buy one. I was really tempted but for my use (and my kid driving it too) just couldn't rationalize it. If you had opportunity to track the car by all means get the Boss.

Back