• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2019 StangFix Fantasy Football League

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
I am a glutton for punishment for sure but here we go again. I've lost track of how long we have been doing this here but I'm sure this league is at least a decade old by now. Given the ebb and flow of member participation here we typically need a new player or two or three to fill out the league. The league itself is run on the ESPN website and uses standard league rules. That means its FREE, really easy to play and you don't need to be a football or fantasy expert to play, compete and have fun. Obviously, you can't win the league crown since that will be mine this year but you can still compete for second place. :p

For right now, I am just holding a roll call for returning players to declare their status for this season and to invite anyone new to the the league to declare their interest in joining. Returning players get first dibs on a slot but so goes it for newbies to lay claim to any openings. First come first serve so if you haven't played before but want in NOW is the time to let me know and mark your place in line. The only requirement we have is that if you get in the league you complete your roster each week and field the best team possible. I am more than happy to take the time to educate on this simple game and the duties of a team manager. Like I wrote earlier, it's easy and no experience is needed to run a team. You just need to like NFL football and have at least a half-hour a week to assemble a roster.

Training camps are about to start and the season kickoff is not far behind. Who's in?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that the defending champion is in. I will check with the previous years champion to see if she is in. Her boyfriend will probably not, but I will check to see if his attitude has changed.

fd

No surprises thus far. I fully expect Mark H to step forward and confirm at some point. And along with him our pal Mark in MI. That would put us at 7 if I include myself and my jet wrenching son. 8 if I can get Marchand back (which I'm sure I can). That leaves openings vacated by the boyfriend and Steve. I am really hoping we can entice Dale to end his boycott and return to the game. I will reach out to him today. In the interim, we have at least one if not two or three possible openings for new players. Anyone hiding in the shadows now is the time to speak up. Confirm your interest in the league. Don't be shy. It's not a full on commitment at this point. Just raising your hand to say you might want in. So raise your hand!

Maybe some time with the guys is what I need right now. :( Hell....I'm willing to try anything and almost everything . Sign me up.

If I am counting correct we now have 9.
Terry and son and Marchand
Me and daughter
Jim
Skid Mark
Dale
Sgt Jr.

We need one more victim err player...

fd

You are correct. We have to replace the boyfriend. Really would like a Fixer to step up. Maybe one of the newer people?

I'm way behind this year guys. Sorry. Setting up the league on the ESPN site now. Need to nail down the draft date and time asap. Season is just two weeks away! What about this Sunday? Early evening? Thinking like 6:00 pm CST (7:00 PM EST/4:00 PM PST)?

Back